Heater not working

silverman

Noticed on my drive home this morning that it wasn't getting warm and the windscreen misted .

Turning the fan up to max does nothing. Hoping it was a blown fuse I checked but no such luck.

Anything else I should check before I book it into the dealers? :(

vinnypeewee

Possibly the Fan Motor has gone... Quite common on any of the VAG vehicles from what i can Gather??

Is the fan Blowing at all??? on any setting?/

silverman

Hi vinnypeewee, No the fans not blowing on any setting but all the rest of the controls related to the heating side seem to be working fine? Any idea of the cost of a new fan?

Manythanks

Silverman

vinnypeewee

Hi Silverman,

No Idea on price... buty have a search on Flea-bay..

Have a search on here for SEREMOTORS a Guy called David. He's got me a few prices on various bits... and Is cheap. Im sure he'l bee your best bet and probably cheapest for a genuine part.

Hope you get it sorted.

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Fan not working

Quite a few posts around about fan motors, have you Aircon or Climate Control.
The Climate Control Fan Motor is over £200 at the dealers, the Aircon Version is cheaper.
You may have leaves / leaf stalks at the top of the motor housing, you dont need many to stop the fan turning, its easy enough to withdraw the fan to check.

silverman

Update,

took it into stealers yesterday , New motor needed! Picked it up today £404 pounds lighter,

Not to pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Fan Motor Not working

Thats a Hell of a lot of Money for that Job, I was offered a Motor for £225 Inclusive, It should take 0.5 or 1 hour max for them to fit that. Your Bill should have been around the £300-£330 Mark.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.