heater only blows hot. HELP!

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
this is really bugging me now! if i turn my heater on it only blows boiling!!!!!!!!! and it still feels like air is coming out the vents even when i turn it off, hot air that is. i know a bit comes through even when off but its still roasting. ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated! everything is going wrong all at once!

cheers

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
wkd thanks very much. i shall try pollen filter as it has not had its service this year as been abroad studying. if not that i shall take it to a garage and get them to remove and clean it?

yorkie1

ive got a friend with this porblem heater only working on full hot where will i find the heater valve? is it behind the dash? hard job to do? any info will help cheers

jeffery

Nov 5, 2009
I never got this problem completely sorted on my car, after i changed the pollen filter my heater started to sort of work.
The heater only blowing hot air is generally something to do with the control valve and i think the control flap is just sticking on mine, i was gona try and take it out and try and fix it but couldn't get enough info to know exactly how to get to it. And after buying ElsaWin and it being baisically no help i said stuff it and decided to leave it and see if it would improve any by itself. This last while it hasn't been that bad, just limited adjustment. If it is fairly easy to do I would still try and fix it completely, but i would amagine the dash would have to come out and i'm not willing to pay a dealer a fortune to fix it.

I finally ordered a Vagcom lead for my car, which came today, after a fault light came on last week. So i will be interested to see if it picks up any fault with the heating system as well.

If any1 can shed any light on getting to the control valve, it would be much appreciated. Is there anything in the likes of a Haynes manual?

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
elsawin was a waste of money...not helpful at all.

No Ibiza manual from Haynes :( There's a polo one for the guts of the car though.