Heater Problem Maybe?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Im not sure if i have a problem or not as ive only just got the car and not worked everything out yet, the onlyway i can seem to get hot air is to turn the climate control to HI if it turn it to say 28c its just goes to a luke warm air yesterday i turned the auto climate control off and i had warmth with lower temps but today i switched the auto off and its just luke warm air again down to about 22ish then it gets cold!

Cheers.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
its the climate control, it doesnt think it needs to work that hard to get it to the other temps so doesnt pump the heat out. Putting it on HI forces it to put out the highest temp it can all the time. Same with the LO setting, puts out the coolest it can all the time.

mchubb

Aug 22, 2004
Bristol
Hi David, just saw this post....

I never thought this was a problem, as in winter it seemed to work alright?..... and in the summer it seemed to be ok as well..... but as I've never had climate before I'm not too sure.....

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
its the climate control, it doesnt think it needs to work that hard to get it to the other temps so doesnt pump the heat out. Putting it on HI forces it to put out the highest temp it can all the time. Same with the LO setting, puts out the coolest it can all the time.

So basicly its going to work alot better in the winter? but doesnt feel its cold enough to get to a decent temperture at the moment?

Ive never had climate before either thats why im a little unsure?

Cheers.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
the basic climate on the mk3 beezers is pretty pants, just blows tons of air all the time, most owners inc me turn off the auto and just set the temp and fan manually. Im usually on 22 degrees and fan speed one. If it starts to mist up a bit then i put the AC on to dehumidify.

Or if i get in and its too hot i quickly put a few notches on the fan and AC on then drop it down when i feel happy.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
No no thats what i mean i have turned the auto off and adjsted it manully but it still blows out luke warm air even on 28c its not untill i turn it to hi that i get hot air, the 1st time i turned the auto off i got warm air on lower temps but when i tryed it yesterday it was back to luke warm on higher temps gain :(

Cheers.

AdamHarling

Feb 7, 2007
Bath
did you ever find a solution to this one... as mine is the same!

Luke warm air on all settings apart from HI... :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.