Heater Problems Mk3 Leon

Nov 5, 2019
Good Morning All,

Just after a bit of advise I have had a look at the other threads on faulty heating. I have a 2014 Leon which is currently not blowing any hot air from the front blowers but it is blowing from the back one. The coolant is topped up & has no leak, I have also checked the 2 pipes going into the bulk head which are hot wondering if anyone has any advice?

Thanks

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I had this same issue with my previous car, had the heater matrix replaced as that's what the dealer suggested it might be. Didnt fix it, they then diagnosed it as a flap inside the climate control stuck open/closed only allowing hot air through some of the vents. Despite my car not having climate control they said the unit inside is the same and so can control air driver/passenger side. Was quoted well over £1000 to fix so I hope you don't have the same issue!

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I've had issues with the HVAC flaps becoming stuck in the past on my Audi and Golf. They all use a similar system as far as I'm aware. I managed to fix those by getting the flaps moving again and lubricating the flap joints. The motor's attached rarely fail. Below is an image of a the HVAC system from a Leon, I've circled the motor's in red. Where they attach are where the flaps are located.
iPGgHP9.png

It might be an idea to connect VCDS to the car and run the adaption process for the HVAC module to reset all flap motor values just incase there is an issue there.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you have VCDS, select the flaps so that you can display their movement graphically, or at least you will get the theoretical positions graphed by their voltage positional feedback, and demand full movement from each of them and see if the voltage change is roughly the same for them all - do this before performing "basic settings" so that you can get a good idea if they are getting restricted or not. Also check for erratic voltage outputs from the feedback as that will indicate dirty wiper of track issues which in my experience is normally the root cause of these flap motors not behaving, though some do seem to break their mounting frames it has been reported.

I've never seen how a restricted flap motor behaves, ie restricted by seized pivots or fouling sealing material, so I'm just guessing what the positional feedback should be by applying simple logic.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.