Heater stuck on MAX!??

geordiepaul

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
On my 53 plate Leon Cupra, my heater has just suddenly stuck itself on max permanently. Even turning the temp down to MIN, it still blasts out hot air. Nearly boiled in the bag at lunch time.

Anyone got any idea what the problem is???

Thanks

chrisphysics

SEAT Lover
Jun 22, 2008
Sheffield
So you're saying the heater is stock on full blower and what appears to be full heat?
Which vents is the air coming out of?

I presume the temp. and can speed can be adjusted but it makes no difference?

geordiepaul

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
I can adjust the fan and the temp setting but it always blows out red hot air. Even on the lowest fan setting it's extremly hot...given that it's quite warm outside at the moment. It seems to be coming out all vents and make no difference whether I have the climate on or not.

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
usually the temp flap motor needs unsticking/reseting or fixing
Any idea where this is on an Ibiza?

For the last month or so the fan's not been working at all, so all I've had has been air forced through due to the car moving forwards and air pressure.

Suddenly on the way home tonight it just went mad, onto max, although its varying the speed in cycles but totally ignoring any input via the controls, apart from putting it into AUTO does kick in the compressor and really cold air.

VAG-COM gives the same error as before when the motor wasn't even running, which looks like the control box has gone, I was wondering if disconnecting the battery could help it reset itself.

00457 - Control Module for Network (J519)
013 - Check DTC Memory

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
ahh ok, well i dont no if they use the same systems behind the electronic display, but my dads cordoba and my ibiza both wouldnt come off hot air for about 15 mins... this was sorted on the cordoba by spraying wd40 on a "flap" in the heating system.. v sorry for the vaugue discription but was sorted by a garage.... i ment to investigate this with my ibiza but sold it so was no need,,, again soz for the vaugue discription, but some1 may no what this flap is

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.