Heater

4rings

The heater has just stopped working on my Toledo MY99 V5. When the aircon is set to auto theres a clicking sound from behind the glove box, it sounds like a flap is stuck or the fan cage is rubbing on something. There's no air movement, so the fan is either dead or it's related to the clicking sound. Any ideas? I've heard it's a known problem on the Toledo.
Before I rip it to bits to find the problem, could anyone advise if it's a dash out job?

Oh, I have wet carpets too, not much fun as the weather is getting wet and cold!

Cheers Steve

mac re

I have had the same problem.
I had to take the glove box out i had to take the heater plug off and replace with some spades conectors.
(i spoke to a freind who is a sparkie he told me sometime the conections can have a build up of depisit which give a bad connection)
the best way to find out it it is the wiring is,
as you open the passenger door and look at the side of the Dash you can see the d shaped cover that you can take off. (Drivers door has the fuzes under it)
once off get a tourch and you will be able to see the blower motor wiglee the wirers while your blower is on full this should clean the conection and the blower will goooooo
if this is the problem you will have to undo all the star screw under the d shaped cover + all the screw above the glove box door there is allso a x crew in the bottom right of the glove box
once all undune the glove box will drop off ones off you will be able to see the blower and the plug
replace the plug with spades i would solder the spade on
once done check that every thing works and replace the glovebox

4rings

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it was the connectors on my motor that was causing the issue too. I removed the power connector and put it back on and it started running again, however it stopped or ran slow after a few seconds. Once I'd cleaned up the connectors and bent them slightly to ensure they were making good contact it was fixed. It's still going now so I'm happy. Especially in this cold weather!

Cheers, Steve