Hello all!

eindringling

Hello all! I'm looking to get me a Cupra R. Currently negotiating with the new owner of JamJay's.

eindringling

I got her, and what a scorcher she is! A credit to JamJay and to Dan who maintained her scrupulously in his year of ownership. It's the first tuned VAG milled car I've ever owned and I am mightily impressed.
Can't think of anything to do to her, except gaze in wonder, she is so perfect and pretty.

JamJay

California Bound
I was wondering where she went, I miss it greatly still. I'm interested to see how well she looks, any additional mods and mileage.

I need pics! But you need to post 15 times first :)...hurry!

Congratulations and welcome!

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Brilliant news! :)

It was, and I hope still is, a cracker of an LCR. To say it was looked after with a real OCD would be an understatement. Jay looks at things like I do and only wanted the best for the car.

If the next owner kept it upto scratch, then you have got a superb Leon. Enjoy!!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Welcome along. Great purchase and good to see it back.

btw if you were planning on keeping it as it is you best run away from this forum ;)

eindringling

Thanks guys! Got a day off tom, so might have a look at the coilies. Our humpy bumpy roads up here in Inverness are causing me a few worries, so might adjust her up a few mill, but not too much.lol

eindringling

Yeah, Jason. Dan had JabbaSport looking after Ovni. They did the cam belt and also the service just before I bought her. He got her new rear discs and a battery along with various cosmetic items, eg, genuine Seat wheel centres.

As you probably know, he is a pursuit driver with the police and knows a bit about wheeling, so gets any urge for ragging out of his system in the course of his job. Like he said himself ''I drive her like Miss Daisy''.

JamJay

California Bound
Sounds like he freshened up some of the cosmetic parts for you, that's good to hear and sounds like it is as I sold it which is good to hear.

Crazy it's now in Inverness, it was born a Southerner not to far from the Sussex coast so she's done some mileage.

eindringling

You bet! I'VE a day off so am about to have a dekko at the Eibachs. She is just too low for some of the road conditions up here. I suspect at near maximum. She is exactly the colour and state of tune I'd been looking for, never seen a better one of that vintage.

The trip up the road from Spalding was a real buzz, so good I took the long way home. Think these 290 neddies are all still pulling. She'll be spending the winter in the garage, too good for commuting, got an old plug of a Daewoo for that. Did you have a boost gauge fitted at some point? Seem to remember reading that in your thread.

JamJay

California Bound
Sorry spelling and grammar were awful in that last post, I must have still been in sleep mode.

I didn't know Dan had fitted Eibach suspension to the car, it parted company with me fitted with Weitec HiCon GT coilovers which were in good working order and still relatively new.

I didn't fit the boost guage in the end, it seemed like pointless work when I was preparing to sell the car. It might be worth fitting one to keep an eye on things but I was under the bonnet of that thing so much I could spot a problem if there ever was one. The only boost leaks I ever encounted were from the PCV pipes which I replaced and also the FMIC piping but that was my fault as I forgot to tighten one of the billion hose clamps near the Forge Big Race.

Last edited:

eindringling

Eibachs?? Must have thought I was still in the Clio. No, the Weitecs are still on it. Had a struggle to unseize them though. Their own wrenches were not butch enough for the job, ended up having to borrow a lumping great water pump pliers. Raised her 4 turns/15 mill. Can get my flat hand between arch and tyre now, should be enough. Left the rears alone as I was all tuckered out.

JamJay

California Bound
Ah I seem that makes sense :)

Give the shocks a good spray with a pressure washer to get the grit off and then lube up the threads with white grease once dry. If the pollybushed ARB starts creaking then get some red rubber grease in them to sort that out.

Mileage is still very low, I think I sold it between 50-55k so it's done 8-13k in around 14mths if so.

eindringling

I sprayed on WD and left a while before trying to adjust. When finished just wiped clean with rag and gave them a good squish of Waxoyl. Perhaps not the best but as she will be in a garage and not used in the wet should be just dandy.

She makes no untoward sounds whatsoever.Goes like stink and stops impressively with no judders or pulling to the side. A situation I am very pleased with. I'd better touch some wood. lol

JamJay

California Bound
Glad to hear your keeping on top of the maintenance, I'm proud :D.

Pads should still be DS2500's and EBC discs which worked really well together. As for the power I was never disappointed however what felt quick back then with her would now feel slow compared my new car. If I had another LCR one day I'd have to big turbo that sucker ;).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members