Hello from Hull!

BazJeffo

Oct 17, 2019
Hull
Hello to you all,

Proud owner of a 2017 SEAT Leon FR (1.4 TSI 150), by far the best car I've ever owned and don't regret switching from manual to automatic.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the forums.

Reactions: Hag and KarmaCupra

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hello to you all,

Proud owner of a 2017 SEAT Leon FR (1.4 TSI 150), by far the best car I've ever owned and don't regret switching from manual to automatic.

Nice car you’ve got. I’ve had two previously, a 140 and later a 150. Mine were both manual but now I’ve moved on to a DSG CUPRA and I love it.

Watch this Forum mind, you’ll soon be spending money in mods and meets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BazJeffo

Oct 17, 2019
Hull
Likewise man! I didn't think I'd take to an automatic but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Funny you say that, I'm already considering mods but I'd like know other peoples experiences etc.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
@Lozzy15 can give you some good pointers. He’s got a beaut of an FR with a few mods.
Cheers mate, much appreciated :cheers:

Hi @BazJeffo and welcome to the forum!
What kind of things are you thinking of doing?
There's a number of things that are simply enough to start with depending on where you want to go. Mechanically you can have the car mapped for an extra power boost, along with induction kits and exhaust mods for more sound and style (Custom exhaust tips for style as an example)

Cosmetically the sky is the limit. Personally I have fitted carbon wrapped side skirts, front splitter and rear diffuser, I fitted an OEM spoiler which really add's to the car if your's hasn't got one already. I've also carbon wrapped the front grill and done red pin stripping along certain parts of the car which adds style too. This goes for internal mods too. I've wrapped various dashboard parts to get rid of that shiny black look.

You can also do some functionality mods. More specifically, you can enable features with VCDS, ODB Eleven or Carista or change things to suit you more. You can even retrofit features that can come factory fitted but your car hasn't got. I've done a few guides on these and have another one in the works for the future.

Mentioning guides, be sure to give that section of the forum a visit for helpful how-to's written by our members on the forum. You may also find idea's for mods there too. The link is:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/mk3-leon-guides-5f-2012-2020.317/

Any questions be sure to ask, you'll find lots of people here very friendly and helpful!
Kind regards, Lozzy.

Reactions: Legojon

BazJeffo

Oct 17, 2019
Hull
Hi @Lozzy15, nice to meet you man.

Thank you for the detailed reply with all the info :thumbup:

I'm looking to do all sorts to be fair, definitely going to get it mapped to begin with I'm just keen to know others that had their automatic done and what difference this makes (if any). I'm quite a novice to car modifications but feel I've got myself a motor worth doing. This forum is going to be a god send!

As far as styling is concerned I've got my heart set on the Reiger front splitter up to now and undecided on the rest.

Have you got any photos of your car you could send over?

Thanks again mate,
Baz

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Not an FR but here’s my CUPRA with the Reiger front splitter fitted.
3ee5dae272b8f00aedd28d9394864d4e.jpg

Reactions: Jay5959

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Looks real nice that man! Definitely sold on the Reiger. Did you fit it yourself?

Yes. You need to get the front of the car off the ground. I was lucky as my nieces and has a ramp which helped a lot.

The Reiger Splitter is pre drilled with 22 holes. If you hold it up to the underside of the car you will see that four of the holes align with four screws already fitted on the underside. Take these four out and offer up the splitter again and screw the four back in (I used some sealant on the splitter too). Then using a 3mm bit I drilled another 18 holes and used the supplied self tapping screws to fix.

It’s been on since last November and hasn’t moved at all. It’s rock solid.

Reactions: Lozzy15

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
@BazJeffo as soon as I get chance I'll send you some snaps of the various mods I've done.

A map does really transform the feel of the drive. The car isn't exactly slow anyway but it is clearly more nippy after. Having an auto won't be a problem in regards to remapping.

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Hi Baz, I'll look out for you around Hull ☺

I'm after the reiger front splitter too. Maypack and his advice on fitting should mean I can do it myself or with minimal assistance.

Same as you I love the DSG and was going to get the same car and model as you last year but waited and went for the Cupra.

Enjoy your car and welcome.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Baz, I'll look out for you around Hull

I'm after the reiger front splitter too. Maypack and his advice on fitting should mean I can do it myself or with minimal assistance.

Same as you I love the DSG and was going to get the same car and model as you last year but waited and went for the Cupra.

If you can get the front end off the ground you will have no problems

BazJeffo

Oct 17, 2019
Hull
Hi Baz, I'll look out for you around Hull ☺

Now then mate, good to see another Hull member on here :) you'll be pretty easy to spot because I honestly haven't seen many Cupra's around.

Sound choice to wait it out for the Cupra as well, real nice car you've got!

Definitely set on the reiger and @Maypack's advice make it sound pretty straight forward.

You can't recommend any decent local body shops just in case can you?

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Hi Baz, I haven't rang any yet as I'll probably wait until next year now.
The one I was going to try is Fraser/accident and body repairs in Anlaby which isn't far from me but there are plenty around.

Let me know if you decide to get it fitted and the cost for future reference. :yes:

Reactions: BazJeffo

Dancey

May 19, 2020
Hello to you all,

i know this is an old post but I’m also from Hull so will hopefully see a few of you about!

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Hi Dancey, what car have you got mate and photos too ?! :yes:

Bloody dry, dusty weather playing havoc with my car. Can't keep it clean for longer than 2 days.

Welcome to the forums.

Dancey

May 19, 2020
Hi Dancey, what car have you got mate and photos too ?! :yes:

Bloody dry, dusty weather playing havoc with my car. Can't keep it clean for longer than 2 days.

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you mate!

I’ve got a Cupra 300 DSG, only just got it so don’t have my own pictures yet, only ones from the dealer. I’ve had mine washed twice in a week haha.

Attachments

• 48ED3074-7FE0-4523-8FD9-CE38A80A2586.jpeg
    48ED3074-7FE0-4523-8FD9-CE38A80A2586.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 140

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Ooooo, very nice, colour so I can keep an eye out for it ? Ha. Ignore, I can see the colour now.

Looks great in that colour.

Don't see many Cupras about in Hull.

Enjoy !

:cheeky:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise