Hello from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
Hi all! After seeing my friends black fr tdi back in 2009, I couldnt resist the temptation and brought my own mellow/ovni yellow in 2010. Had a few bumps throughout my ownership but thanks to this site always found the solution. Will post my updates and pics soon :p

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
Haven't uploaded a pic yet, still getting used to this site mate! lol. Thinking about getting it remapped after christmas from jabba's. Spoke to them and should be looking at 180bhp but want the torque below 300lb. Have heard the stories about the standard clutch burning out but I should be fine as had a new gearbox, clutch and flywheel last year. That left a dent in my pocket! :shrug:

lovemygti

May 23, 2012
54 views and only one hello :( Feeling a bit lonely down here lol

Ha ha. If you had (.) (.)'s you would have loads of hello's by now :)

I was running my Gti mk4 1.8t on standard everything, chucked on a jabba induction and heat shield and their generic stage 1. It was Luursh! Didn't bother uprating anything else and all was good. It did like to eat tyres though. Nom Nom.

Last edited:

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
Ha ha. If you had (.) (.)'s you would have loads of hello's by now :)

Lool, its true if your a women cos thats what us guys are all interested in!

I was running my Gti mk4 1.8t on standard everything, chucked on a jabba induction and heat shield and their generic stage 1. It was Luursh! Didn't bother uprating anything else and all was good. It did like to eat tyres though. Nom Nom.

Im planning to keep mine standard, the surprising thing about vag cars is the engine is bullet-proof. Since I had mine, never had a problem apart from gearbox, clutch and flywheel replaced which I didn't even pay for! Had a few sensors go, the turbo pipe popping out. All common faults really. Hopefully after christmas, should lower it and definitely a remap. To me it seems a bit restricted but hey mines done 127k and I had since 92k

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
Heres a pic guys!

IMG-20121022-00764.jpg

Bret

Lcr stealth :)
Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Will do, it be nice to see other SCN members from here...not sure how many are from Cambridgeshire or close to Peterborough area

There are quite a few but some just give off the wrong impression and don't seem to want to be outgoing :shrug: so I look for meets in more socially friendly areas usually although I not saying everyone is like that this way there are some who enjoy the banter :) :D

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
There are quite a few but some just give off the wrong impression and don't seem to want to be outgoing :shrug: so I look for meets in more socially friendly areas usually although I not saying everyone is like that this way there are some who enjoy the banter :) :D

Well said, you will always find people like that in life...no point stressing over them mate. I wouldn't mind meeting members if the time and day were right. I'm either at work or at university.

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Well said, you will always find people like that in life...no point stressing over them mate. I wouldn't mind meeting members if the time and day were right. I'm either at work or at university.

Yeah same I working alot but always make time for the gf and my Seat family ;) :D We should sort out a Vag meet/(mainly Seats lol ) :whistle:

gonesurfing999

Hi all, seems pretty quiet in Cambridgeshire on the Seat side of things! But if you interested in a little meet, im in!

Boomer8520

Hi fellow peterborian don't see many Peterborough folk on here

lovemygti

May 23, 2012
Hi fellow peterborian don't see many Peterborough folk on here

Hi Boomer. That's cause most of us here in sunny Peterborough can't speak English, let alone type in English! Lincoln Road says it all!

I don't remember the last meet in Peterborough. Do people still meet at the Hampton pub?

Boomer8520

Never been to a meet so not sure, unfortunately I only speak English so that does limit me some what in the boro lol

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Reffering to the above it would be nice to meet some of the seat family closer to home,as long as whoever arranges it gives a decent amount of notice I'm in and would defo be up for that :D

Last edited: