Hello From Romania

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello, my name is Andrew and below is my Seat Leon FR 2.0TDI 150ps in Nevada White.
At the time the car was fully specced , the only thing that i didn`t add was the leather seats. Later on a few more options started to be available for my country and that ment : lane assist, high beam assist, led interior package and alcantara seats.
The Seat is a step up from my previous car , a Golf V 1.9TDi which was chip-tuned and the ride was lower thanks to a billstein b12 suspension.
The first mods that i have done to the Leon were the footrest and the metal pedal caps from the Golf 7 accesories. Another mod is the key handle, which of course is a Golf 7 code :)
More will follow next year.

seat leon city gate by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

1081953_600023290019298_2084351554_n by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

1208611_10153214454855691_1014407282_n by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

1080096_599980273356933_54418312_n by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

1058583_599862473368713_1575407444_n by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Very good looking car. What do you think about the Seat Sound System? Is it really good?

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I don`t know how the stock sound is but it is way better than what i had in my Golf. Price wise i took the seat sound because of the extra speakers and if in the future i want to change something i already have the cables and it will be plug and play.
Aftermarket subwoofer already appeared for the Golf 7 and the Leon 5f and is plug and play. It is only a big woofer that fits nicely in the trunck.
I am satisfied with the sound . It is crisp and it can be loud if you want to.

LeonSC

How did you get the chrome piece on the key? it looks nice!

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
like those metal foot peddles are they stock on the fr ?

Last edited:

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
@LeonSC : Here`s a link from a german guy that did the operation. You also have the exact code of the part : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTqcEqtWGE

@heliliam : those pedals aren`t stock, they are form the Golf 7 accesory list and they are alo pun on the new Audi S3. The pedal caps from the Leon accesories list are way more expensive. The pedal caps i got from ebay for around 60euros and the footrest i got from the local vw dealer for about 25euros.

@B0nk3r5 : thank you :)

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Did you install the metal pedal covers yourself or got the mechanic to do it? Is it an easy process for a person who has never done such a thing before? Thanks.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
It is an easy install. I did them myself. The footrest is a little but tricky but if you want i will post a video if the install. For the acceleration pedal use hand cream or something greasy to get it to fit into place

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
It is an easy install. I did them myself. The footrest is a little but tricky but if you want i will post a video if the install. For the acceleration pedal use hand cream or something greasy to get it to fit into place

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the answer. As far as I understand it is also detach the original pedals. If you share the video you mentioned, it will be very useful for me. Thanks for your help.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Here is the video i mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoBBRnSc9E

The part that interests you is at 3:50. The original pedal caps come off easily, just by pulling. The brake and the clutch easily fit in. For the acceleration pedal i used some nivea hand cream (it`s the only thing that i had in reach :) and it worked perfectly). You grease the margins and then it will fit right in.
If you install the footrest i will search another video with it. It is a little bit tricky but not impossible. It is not worth the trouble to go to a dealer for that.

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Here is the video i mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoBBRnSc9E

The part that interests you is at 3:50. The original pedal caps come off easily, just by pulling. The brake and the clutch easily fit in. For the acceleration pedal i used some nivea hand cream (it`s the only thing that i had in reach :) and it worked perfectly). You grease the margins and then it will fit right in.
If you install the footrest i will search another video with it. It is a little bit tricky but not impossible. It is not worth the trouble to go to a dealer for that.

Thanks very much. Everything is clear in the video.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
From what i see they are basicaly the same. I don`t know why there is such a price difference.
They look the same. You can also check ebay for such pedal covers. That`s where i bought mine.

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Dear Bloodrave, I do not know the road conditions in Romania but as I see from the pictures your Leon has 18 inch wheels. Are you happy with them? Did you have any chance to compare them with 17 inches while buying the car? Are they annoying because of uncomfortable ride or are they comfortable enough? I know 17 inches look more comfartable but they look so standart and boring.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello metomurti. The 18s are vrey confortable, i didn`t feel any disconfort at all , and recently i have been to : Serbia,Montenegro,Croatia and Bosnia and i did find some pretty bad roads. The ride is very confortable, i am thinking of putting some sportier springs. I believe K&W released a something in this direction.
So, overall i find the ride very confortable, sometimes i don`t feel that i`m running on 18s.
I used to have 17s and Billstein B12 on my Golf MK5, and that is a hard ride :).
If the price of the tires doesn`t scare you, and if you like them, go for it.
You can always get the stock 17s , use them for winter and get something aftermarket for the summer.
Also i am thinking of painting them black but i don`t know with the powdercoating process and all.

Last edited: