Hello From Romania

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
You've never been to Bulgaria - here are certainly the worst roads in Europe :D

I ordered mine with the 17" only because I didn't want to wait one more month for the 18 but while I am waiting for the Leon to arrive, I think I should have ordered the 18s :( Maybe I'll use the 17s during the winter and will sold them next spring and get black 18s. If anyone is interested in the 17-s, drop me a message.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
@CyberGene: Yes, i have been in bulgaria on numerous ocasions and you are right. Anyway , we here in Romania aren`t far from you either.

@dw911: I`ll get the chance tu see uk at the beginning of November so i`ll see how you guys are driving :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Where in UK are you coming to?

My GF is back visiting her parents soon in Constanta, I am going in March probably Constanta and Bucharest, Hoping to visit Transylvania aswell

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I`ll stay in Coventry , but as a tourist i will be visiting London :). November the 1st until November the 3rd.
I`ll come without the car of course. So if any of you are in the area we can meet :)

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Dear BloodRave, Hi again. I want to ask a question about your car's color. As far as I know it is Nevada white. Did you have chance to compare Nevada white and normal white while buying your car? Is the metallic color really affective and beautiful? Thanks.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello again :)
I didn`t have a chance to compare the 2 whites. I simply wanted a different color,because all my past cars had dark colors. I knew that the paint must be metallic, as it preserves better in time.
Live, my metallic paint is a little bit darker than the standard white. I had the chance to put 2 5F`s side by side. Also if i find a picture on the german forums i`ll post it so you can see the difference.
I have seen that there are complaints about the standard paint as it chips easily. I have read a case here and a case on the romanian forums.
Whatever you choose go for metallic as it has extra protective layers, that is my advice.
I`ll come back with the picture if i find it.
Cheers.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Dear BloodRave, Hi again. I want to ask a question about your car's color. As far as I know it is Nevada white. Did you have chance to compare Nevada white and normal white while buying your car? Is the metallic color really affective and beautiful? Thanks.

Even though I went for red, I initially ordered the car in white and had the chance to see a solid white next to the Nevada metallic white.

They both looked great but the solid white had a sliiiight cream tint to it while the metallic was bright white. Therefore if your going to go for white, then i'd recommend getting the Nevada metallic colour :)

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Dear Bloodrave, how many kilometres have you done since you bought the car? Do you hear any cracking noise from the front door speakers while playing music? And last, how is the latest trim condition of your car? Do you hear annoying noises from the car? Thanks.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I am on the road right now. I will post the 6 problems that i recently had with the car and had to take it to the service.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
@metomurti : Hello:) I had 6 issues :
1. water under the carpet on the passenger side. It seemed there was a loose hose or something in the AC and that caused constant water under the passenger`s mat.
2.noise in the sunroof. It was fixed in the service. Another owner had the same problem and it was a loose screw.
3.noise in the drivers door. It was partially fixed. As i rev the engine the plastic resonates. It was partially fixed as i said.
4.water trail on the rear window. I constatly saw water marks even though i didn``t wash the rear window. A friend with a Golf 7 told me he had the same issue and it was a valve or some sort. In my case the central brake light was cracked and it leaked water. It was replaced and now it is fine.
5.i asked them to make the low beam a little longer. In my opinion the low beam can be a little bit higher so i asked them that and they delivered. Now , the low beam is great.
6.there was a particular condensation in the middle lower part of the windshield. Every time there was a great temperature difference,this condensation appeared. They told me it is normal due to the location of the AC grill.
Right now i have almost 10.000km with the car and loving it.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

@Daniel1431: Sorry but i couldn`t tell. My friend, who is a professional photographer did the photos.I believe he has a 5d Mark2 Canon. That is all i can say. Sorry.

Stuart78

Hi Bloodrave, thanks to you I've made up my mind on the colour to choose. I was torn between the monsoon grey and nevada white but couldn't find pics of the car with the same options I chose. Then I saw your pics (which are awesome by the way) and now I'm sure I want the Nevada white. Thanks mate and good luck with your car.

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello guys.
It`s been a while since i posted here.
Meanwhile i didn`t go to your country. Next year i will definetly come to the GoodWood Festival of Speed :) That is a promise.

Here is my winter setup.
17" BBS ClassiX (the wheels from the standard Golf V GT) equipped with Michelin Alpin 225/45/R17

2013-11-26 20.58.01 by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

2013-11-26 19.59.02 by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

2013-11-26 19.58.47 by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

2013-11-26 19.58.12 by noisedistorsion, on Flickr

I have to get to the dealer so i can grab some rubber mats too :)

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Bloodrave tomorrow I fly to Bucharest, the I got to Transylvania. Saturday back in Bucharest to see Dinamo play, Sunday to Constanta to see Steau play