Hello From Romania

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
if you happen to be in Bucharest on Friday evening (after 21:00), you can go to the big parking in front of the Parliament House ('Casa Poporului' in Romanian) and attend the weekly ClubSeat meetings. hopefully there will be a couple of nice SEATs over there

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Just installed cupra lip + black glossy foil.
ezusyryv.jpg
jyjy7e6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
The cupra lip code : 1ML805903
The glossy foil was placed just in front as you see it. As much as it was allowed to put under the grill. I didn`t remove anything , it was foiled as is.

nanousis

Feb 10, 2014
thaks mate,

and how much does the lip???
how placed the lip, with glue, with screws or both??
this lip is from cupra R mk2??? or for cupra mk3??

the glossy foil has affect to parking sensors??

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
That's a mk2 lip. There's other threads about the wrap and it doesn't affect the parking sensors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Hello,
Yes i forgot to mention that you need to cut those 2 central pillars in order to fit nicely.
The bending process is pretty difficult. You can try to warm the lip with a heathun.
Mine was put directly on the car and bended on the car.
It is a pretty difficult operation because the 5f bumper is straight, not rounded as it is on 1m and 1p.
Unfortunetly i dont have a fitting guide, we just measured the lip to be aligned and mounted it as it was.
I didnt try the heatgun solution but i`ve heard that it`s a much easier operation.

tardis56

OK, thanks for the info. Maybe best to align the two central pillars (once cut), screw into the bumper on the nearest two lugs and just go around the rest of it attaching, heating, attaching etc.
Will attempt to do that as it was the only way I could think of doing it!

BloodRave

Jan 17, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Yes, that`s about it.
On the sides mine sticks out a little, like a few mm.
It is a pain to mount it as i said the other bumpers are rounded and the 5F bumper is like this |_ :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members