1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Hello from South Wales

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS - New Members' started by Deee, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Deee

Deee Guest

Hi Guys

Just bought a new car and thought it'd be worth signing up here for some general knowledge and advice.

Car is a 2007 Leon FR TDi 170 with a cheeky remap thrown in for good measure.
    This is my 41st car in just over ten years of driving but also the newest car I've ever had.

I'm a proper car enthusiast and I've also got an e36 M3 coupe which is stripped and caged for a bit of track and drifting work.

Like most my age I started out a decade ago by dropping redtops into corsas and the like. Now the wrong side of 26 I've had all sorts but will be keeping hold of this one for a few years as Ive bought it for a new job.

Right then so please feel free to tell me about anything interesting on my car. I know about the DPF issues and the injectors recall. I'm keen to find anything interesting about any of the equipment, the MFD stuff, read somewhere about iPhone connection? Want to know about bluetooth?
    Any particular other issues people are finding? Hints of places to keep clean to avoid rust and corrosion.

Also road noise, it is a bit much at lower speeds, especially with the bigger 18" wheels. My friend is a mechanic and says that many of the Seats around this era all suffer with heavy inner tyre wear which appears to make the noise slightly greater. Is this a common issue? Has anyone experimented with alternative camber or toe settings, that's if there is any adjustment of course. Extra sound deadening?

Loads of questions there to kick off.
    Cheers

2. seat vince

seat vince Guest

Hi dee form cardiff myslef welcome

3. speters2001

speters2001 Active Member

Hi from Margam port talbot

4. BEEFYGTI

BEEFYGTI Full Member

Evening im in baglan ! Welcome to the forum