Hello hello

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Hi!

I got a shiny new Leon FR last month so I thought of joining a group of likewise fans of the brand. This is not my first Seat though - I owned an Ibiza (MY 2004) which, up till now, was one of the most fun cars I've driven in the small segment.

Here's to lots of happy kilometers o/

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. You'll certainly find lots of fans on here. I assume from your profile pic you went for silver? What spec did you go for?

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Yup, silver Leon 1.4 125 FR Plus. I got a great price due to the fact they had only 2 left in the saloon (and I actually wanted a silver one, the other one being black).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum!

You'll have to get some pictures up when you get a chance (info on posting pics in my signature)

I bet the 1.4 is quite nippy off the mark! Always nice to get the colour you want as well

Cheers

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Need to wash it properly and shoot a few then. I upgraded from a 1.4 n/a corsa (100hp) which was a 2010 model where (as I understood it) Opel changed the axles (or some main parts) to what the Insignia was using since the first iteration was shared between the Corsa and Fiat Punto so they had many issues with back axles falling apart. This alone made the car very heavy and sluggish so it felt slower than my 1.4 75hp Ibiza I had before.

Leon, on the other hand, is a much different story. Great engine, easy takeovers, very nippy and it eats 1.5 liters of fuel less than my corsa per 100km! (My first tank showed 6.9-7.0l/100km in comparison to 8.5l/100km I had in my Corsa). And that's city-drive only!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Need to wash it properly and shoot a few then. I upgraded from a 1.4 n/a corsa (100hp) which was a 2010 model where (as I understood it) Opel changed the axles (or some main parts) to what the Insignia was using since the first iteration was shared between the Corsa and Fiat Punto so they had many issues with back axles falling apart. This alone made the car very heavy and sluggish so it felt slower than my 1.4 75hp Ibiza I had before.

Leon, on the other hand, is a much different story. Great engine, easy takeovers, very nippy and it eats 1.5 liters of fuel less than my corsa per 100km! (My first tank showed 6.9-7.0l/100km in comparison to 8.5l/100km I had in my Corsa). And that's city-drive only!
We love a good clean car here!

I think your 7.0l = 34mpg which for city driving is very good lol I don't see much more than that on a motorway drive haha

Glad you like it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.