HELP Aura HU decoding..its gone SAFE!

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Help..please....

I've pressed the wrong button on my AURA Leon Cupra Head Unit and its gone into SAFE mode..

pressing any buttons does nothing .. it just stares at me saying SAFE.. grrrrrr

I have the four figure code for the radio...Does anyone know how I can get it working again?

Many thanks for your kind help as my manual seems to have gone walkies when I moved house just over a year ago..

:(

CARLOS68

May 20, 2003
West Midlands
Visit site
To enter the code according to the manual :

Switch the radio on, The display will briefly read "SAFE" followed by "1000"

Introduce your code by pressing number keys 1-4

eg, if the code was 1734 you would not press the number 1 button as this is already showing "1" in "1000" press number 2 button seven times, number 3 button 3 times and number 4 button four times.

Hope that makes sense :)

Confirm the code number by preessing and holding the "PROG" key until it beeps and the display reads "safe"

Hope that helps

Cheers

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Cheers mate...exactly what I need.:)

I hope I haven't messed up fiddling with it as the 1000 doesn't come up now...?
It just stays on SAFE...

may need the dealer visit...dammn

:cheers:

Thanks again

CARLOS68

May 20, 2003
West Midlands
Visit site
Originally posted by mark sheerin
Cheers mate...exactly what I need.:)

I hope I haven't messed up fiddling with it as the 1000 doesn't come up now...?
It just stays on SAFE...

may need the dealer visit...dammn

:cheers:

Thanks again

It also says there is a waiting interval if you try and enter the wrong code before you can try again.

Switch off the radio and leave it for a while before you try again !!

It says as long as "2SAFE" is displayed the waiting interval is not over. It has finished when the number of the next attempt appears, eg. "21000"

danny842003

Feb 2, 2003
mighty mighty DALTON!!!!!
read the manual!!!!!!!!

im trying to think wot it is on audis ive done it that many times and i cant remebr.

right u press rds deffiantly
and tp i think

press these and hold.
if not press and hold every combination of rds u can think of

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mark

Turn on your radio, with no ignition on, the radio should light up and say SAFE.

Now leave it on, lock the car, bugger off for a couple of hours, do one of your strange paintings which are so entertaining :D

Then go back to the car. The radio should of shut off by itself, if it hasn't leave it until it does, has been known to take several hours, but on a first lock out, probably no more than 2 hours.

Once you see the radio has turned off, go back to the car, turn on the radio, it should flash SAFE then 1000, and follow the instructions as CARLOS has already stated.

Worked for me. :)

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Yep..I seemed to remember something about a waiting period..
I went out to the car about 2hrs ago and switched the radio off and turned off the ignition...
I then manually turned the radio back on with the key out of the ignition...locked the car and left it...
just went back to it 5mins ago..(when the bedroom olympics had finished;) ) and lo and behold it said 1000...yippee!

put in the code as instructed.(thanks again carlos)..and

.......Its annoying the neighbours at 1am cos I forgot to turn down the volume:D

Cheers everyone..

Holocar

Originally posted by CARLOS68
To enter the code according to the manual :

Switch the radio on, The display will briefly read "SAFE" followed by "1000"

Introduce your code by pressing number keys 1-4

eg, if the code was 1734 you would not press the number 1 button as this is already showing "1" in "1000" press number 2 button seven times, number 3 button 3 times and number 4 button four times.

Hope that makes sense :)

Confirm the code number by preessing and holding the "PROG" key until it beeps and the display reads "safe"

Hope that helps

Cheers

Carlos

Can I check... you're saying enter the code when it displays 2000 (but you say "1000"?), then hit prog? This is different to the radio manual, which sez go into prog mode then select code and enter...

Just checking so I don't screw up too many times (once already...)!

Thanks
Ian

CARLOS68

May 20, 2003
West Midlands
Visit site
Originally posted by Holocar
Carlos

Can I check... you're saying enter the code when it displays 2000 (but you say "1000"?), then hit prog? This is different to the radio manual, which sez go into prog mode then select code and enter...

Just checking so I don't screw up too many times (once already...)!

Thanks
Ian

That was just copied from the manual, I don`t know exactly what you mean about 2000 ?

Holocar

Originally posted by CARLOS68
That was just copied from the manual, I don`t know exactly what you mean about 2000 ?

Carlos

From displaying "SAFE" my radio goes to displaying "2000" and then I can enter Prog mode.

Which I've now done and all is back to normal.

Ian

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Originally posted by Alice_Cupra
Is this the beginning of the end?

Sheerin "pushing the wrong buttons" and turning something off??? :redface:

Look out ladies, you may be next !!! :D

At my age I think I just turn them off without getting as far as pushing the wrong buttons....
Thank the Lord for Ice White.....about 10.30when the girls get the beer goggles on I'm back in demand...

andykb999

so let me get this right guys!!!i need to wait for 2hours plus with the radio switched on and then i will go to safe 2000 so i can input my code, which had changed cos my crappy warrington dealer had swapped the HU without telling me?

PS just the radio switched on or the igniton as well?????

blue boy

Is there a way to overide the code as I didnt get one with my leon?. Cant be arsed to go down to the dealer. I am not a radio thief honestly11

Phil86

What should I do if the radio doesn't stay on without the key in the ignition?