Help !! Canbus LEDs headlight bulb replacement turns on the warning light

Architect.jawad

Feb 2, 2017
Evening folks from Dubai !!
Just as the title says i replaced the bulbs of my cupra 2011 today with an aftermarket canbus LEDs and then a warning showed up to check right and left headlights...

All are working perfectly but still i hate to see the warning all the time !!!

Should i go back to the original light bulbs ?

Or is it okay to keep it like this ?
Any better idea than the LED for a bright white light ?

Thanks alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
The head lights or the side lights? if its the head lights then yes go back to a proper bulb, the beam pattern and light output will be shot to bits! to get the same light from a LED as a normal H7 bulb is not easy and the after market ones wont be anywhere near as good, plus they are illgal and your insurance will be null and void should anything happen at night.

as for bulbs you need something like the Osram night breaks or my preference is the Ring Ultima bulbs. not a blue white, but when tested they give the most lumens output vs all the others. Avoid bulbs with a coating over glass, as this will drop the light output, in some cases by as much as 50% vs the uncoated bulb. The eye thinks it is brigher as it is whiter, but in reality it isnt, and the coating also causes the bulb to run hotter leading to a shorter life.

Reactions: saveoursouls

Architect.jawad

Feb 2, 2017
M7R thanks for the explanation ...
I installed the LED in main beam, dipped beam and side lights ...

Just my main concern is if there will be any harm to the ecu or any other part of the car ?

The light output is good for me and the beam pattern as well " hoping i understand the exact meaning of both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise