HELP: Car Insurance for Seat SC Sport 1.6 DSG

patnj

I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying Insurance companies for my Seat Ibiza SC Sport 1.6 DSG.

I have tried many insurance companies including "comparison" sites, etc, but none of them have my car on their books and need to refer to their underwriters to have the car added to their quote systems. (Is anyone else experiencing this????)

The only insurance company I have found is Seat's own one (currently using their Free 7 day drive away insurance policy).

Considering that many of you on this forum are proud owner of the new Seat Ibiza, I was wondering is you give me the insurance company that you use to cover your car.

For those of you who are interested, my car spec is;

Seat SC Sport (3dr) 1.6 DSG
17"s
Chrome Tail pipe
Climate
Conv. Pack
Sport Pack (custom dash, etc)
Sill Guards
ESP
Side Curtain Airbags
ipod/usb Integration
Electric Mirrors
Alarm
Tracker 24 Monitoring

Ordered 30th May 09 delivered 11th Aug 09

In a word, this car is "fantastic" to drive, especially with the smooth DSG.

patnj

Many thanks Andy/Phil. I must admit I did not try these two.

Will give them a call.

rpk

I use More Than for mine (All be its the 1.9). It only cost £22 for the remaining 8 months of the policy and they found the IBIZA SC straight away.

jamjar

Jul 6, 2009
"Seat Ibiza SC Sport 1.6 DSG.

Ordered 30th May 09 delivered 11th Aug 09"

Hi Patnj,

Delivery in less than two and a half months, lucky you.
I ordered in the first week of June & my dealer still can't give me a build date & he thinks delivery "might" be early October. :cry:

I don't know if it has anything to do with Xenons I have ordered as a few threads seem to indicate delays because of that.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
aye, jammy git, ordered 23rd may, delivery expected mid september.. hope so as i'm due to drive down to cornwall the first week in october, should be an excellent journey if it's here in time.

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying Insurance companies for my Seat Ibiza SC Sport 1.6 DSG.

I have tried many insurance companies including "comparison" sites, etc, but none of them have my car on their books and need to refer to their underwriters to have the car added to their quote systems. (Is anyone else experiencing this????)

The only insurance company I have found is Seat's own one (currently using their Free 7 day drive away insurance policy).

Considering that many of you on this forum are proud owner of the new Seat Ibiza, I was wondering is you give me the insurance company that you use to cover your car.

For those of you who are interested, my car spec is;

Seat SC Sport (3dr) 1.6 DSG
17"s
Chrome Tail pipe
Climate
Conv. Pack
Sport Pack (custom dash, etc)
Sill Guards
ESP
Side Curtain Airbags
ipod/usb Integration
Electric Mirrors
Alarm
Tracker 24 Monitoring

Ordered 30th May 09 delivered 11th Aug 09

In a word, this car is "fantastic" to drive, especially with the smooth DSG.

I am insured on an identical car with an insurance companjy named after the large creature with a trunk! Its a wonderful car eh. What do you recon of the DSG?

Ian

patnj

Hi Ian,

I assume you mean the mammoth insurance company :)

With regards to the DSG, I think is brilliant, very smooth. Its very hard restraining myself from doing "kick-downs" or going into "S" mode, as the car needs to be run in for the 1st 1000km (not exceeding 80% throttle).

Handling is also very good, virtually no body roll with the Sport suspension and 17"s. When it does roll a little, the sport seats keep you in place.

I have only had the car for a few days and my only compliants are a slightly over sensitive car alarm (triggered by nearby vibrations), however the dealer has said that they can tweak the sensitivity and the cars body work and windows which attract "finger" prints easily (have had AutoGlym professionally applied to body and interior). Bar those two minor issues, not other problems to report.

Have you discovered any issues with your?

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hey,

What an awesome car eh. Its vastly superiour to my last car, a Leon sport.
I love the DSG. I have tried sports mode and used it in 'tiptronic'mode . Sports
mode allows the engine to rev higher and changes down earlier, increasing engine braking. Fuel economy drops a lot tho. On the subjest of fuel economy the car at present only equals theeconomy of my Golf 170bhp 2.3l V5 from a few years ago (average 37mpg) I am hoping the mpg increases as the car runs in, as at present its
proving to be quite expensive.

On a couple of occasions that the gearbox has got a bit confused and revved the engine highly (without pressing kickdown), but this has not really worried me. The gearbox is totally amazing. hill starts (although not difficult in a manual) are fantastic.

One question tho. When waiting in traffic for a short time I know its ok to stay in 'D'. If stopping for longer it is advised to put the car into neutral, to avoid clutch wear. I am positive that when the break pedal is pressed properly that the clutch plates are nowhere near the bite point, so not causing wear. Its easy to see this as when going from N to D the engine revs do not move at all. I would imagine the gearbox is interlocked so that when the brake is applied and the
car is not moving, the clutch plates are not closed to the bite point?

I love the IPOD connection (altough my mix cd's suddenly have pauses inbetween tracks.

The Bluetooth is great,connecting with my phone every time without fail. I am sure the head unit with bluetooth is of a higher quality than the standard ones I had tried in demonstrators. The speakers are really clear.

There is a nice little feature as well in that when you select reverse the music is attenuated so you can hear the reversing alarm.... that is great design.

Overall I love my Ibiza. It has the feel of a far more expensive car. As long as the fuel economy increases (the Cupra's economy appears to be better than mine according to the recent auto express report!!!) I will be happy

Ian

patnj

Ian,

I did a motorway journey yesterday (about 50 mins), averaging 70 to 75, the trip computer registered an average 42.5 mpg, this was with the AC on, set at 20 degrees.

My previous car (13 years old) struggled to acheive 25 mpg, even though it was a 1.8l, so from my point of view, the Seat is saving me money.

I must concur with you on the Bluetooth front, my iPhone 3GS connects every time, and I like the phone disconnection tone, when you turn off the ignition. I use it as a reminder to take my phone from the front cup holder when exiting the car. Voice Dialing is also good, but I have noticed an issue with the "Store Name" voice command, after entering a name and number. I have to say "Story Name", for it to register (I do not think its an "accent" thing, as I have a standard "London" accent (if there is such a thing) :)

With regards to the high revving, I only experienced this once, but I believe this occured as a result of an "aborted" kick-down i.e. did a kick-down, but then immediately released the gas pedal, it took a second or two for the engine to realise that the gas pedal was not being pushed.

By the way, for ALL posters to this thread (and many thanks for your feedback and suggestions), I have now managed to insure the car, surprisingly the cheapest quote I got was from Admiral Insurance in the end.

Last week Friday, they did not have the car on their system, but it looks like they must have got an update over the weekend, as it came straight up when I gave them the vehicle reg no.

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hey,

"Voice Dialing is also good, but I have noticed an issue with the "Store Name" voice command, after entering a name and number. I have to say "Story Name", for it to register (I do not think its an "accent" thing, as I have a standard "London" accent (if there is such a thing) "

Mine is the same. I say store and it says star four!! I end up shouting at it. It looks like a software glitch eh

Ian

Last edited:

Ibiza 09

I have had the same thing with my voice command where it thinks im saying something different to "store name" however i dont have this problem as ive just got used to it

JonDog

I thought it was just me because Im from Bolton.

Star four is very annoying!

who_me

Is this through Zurich?? The dealer mentioned this to me when I went to sort out my papers...how does this work exactly? Would I need to start a policy with them and then cancel before the 7 days was up?? I still don't have a delivery date for mine yet and my insurance on my current car is about to expire...just wondering how best to proceed...

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
When you've got a delivery date for your caryour dealer will give you details of the number to call etc to sort out the 7day cover so that the dealer can tax your car for when you collect it.
It's a free 7 day policy Seat gives to all new car buyers, you have the option of continuing the cover with them, but my quote for the year was about 3 times what i'm paying through admiral, or just have it for the 7 days and time your new policy to begin the day before the 7days runs out (my thinking on this was so that there definitely wouldnt be a gap in cover if the 7day one expired at mindnight and the new one started at 9am or similar)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members