Help! Car won't even crank!!

Feb 21, 2020
Hi so I started the car this morning and started perfectly then when I get to work and shut it off still perfectly fine, when I come to go home it cranked for half a second on the first try and never cranked again, I've tried to jump pack it and use my girlfriend's car to also jump it with no luck? Is there a starter motor fuse that might have blown or maybe battery is dead as when turned wipers on they seemed abit slow as well as windows but only slightly

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
What engine is it? Could be the battery or a starter solenoid, mine did exactly the same thing couple of years ago.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Try a different battery that you know is good, if it still doesnt crank then its most likely the starter or the solenoid.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Check the wiring to the solenoid on the starter. Also check battery terminals are clean and free of corrosion. If they are both Ok then try tapping the starter motor with a hammer or similar while someone else tries to crank it. Sometimes when they start to fail they stick at a dead spot and tapping them will get it to turn.

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
Check the wiring to the solenoid on the starter. Also check battery terminals are clean and free of corrosion. If they are both Ok then try tapping the starter motor with a hammer or similar while someone else tries to crank it. Sometimes when they start to fail they stick at a dead spot and tapping them will get it to turn.

Single wire to the solenoid broke on mine last year, was intermittent for a few days before the final strands broke. Simple fix with a new spade terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2020
sorry for being inactive, so i replaced the battery and nothing happened but infact the battery was wrong on mine for some reason so i kept the new one on the car however the issue was the starter, i smacked it with a breaker bar and heard a click then nothing so then i knew it was electronically dead so i bump started it home and fitted new starter motor job done! works every time now but now im faced with more issues on the car :( ill post another thread ..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.