Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

HELP (door handle)

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by dav150n, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dav150n

dav150n Full Member

just had car in body shop getting dent's removed:), when i got car back i was informed my door mechanism was broke:( (which wasn't before).
    the grub screw which keeps the door lock in is tightening up but the barrel just pulls out!
    when iv'e had a look i've found a white bit of plastic which looks like's it's snapped off somewhere.

has any one had a similar problem and know's how to fix??
    or
    has anyone an exploded diagram of the door handle and components they could put on here so i could give it a bash myself?? ( i did have 1 but the wife must of "tidyed" it up)

thanks paul.

2. zach225

If they broke it why aren't they fixing it mate?

Can't help with diagram but new lock mechanism is £80

3. dav150n

dav150n Full Member

he's a friend of a friend mate, it's going back up cos it's still not right.
    al be having words don't worry, ha.
    i'd rather fix it myself if they've broke it just taking the door handles off!

4. zach225

I'Ve gottA trY and get at mine tomorrow to replace the micro switch, you need to remove he door car and there's a whole sheet of metal That needs to come off to before you can even see anything in there

5. Ferryman

Ferryman 1.8T Goes Like Hell

6. dav150n

dav150n Full Member

thanks ferryman,
    still can't see where this bit of plastic i've found is from though.:confused:
    something must be loose cos everytime i shut the door something rattles:cry: