help! flush boot opening

ricktgti

hi i need a little help on this, from either someone thats done the same or someone in the know.
i got my boot flushed when i had my respray and now ive come to fit my boot popper (ebay 220169260252) i know i should proberly of fitted it before smoothing. anyway i cant see how its going to fit. realy need some help on this cheers ricky

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
if you look at the boot lock, there should be a little leaver on it. where the button on your lock used to push. connect the rod to that ten secure the motor/solinode to the boot. the run power to the boot via a switch so you can pop the boot open. job done.

Last edited:

ricktgti

if im leaning from the inside of the car through the back seats ive got to pull this small catch towards me to open, the solenoid goes in and out on the instructions it says i can fit for a push button lock but i dont have the lock any more because its smooth? so all i have is this small catch that has to come towards the front of the car? :confused:

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
in that case junk the rod and get some cable. then attach both ends and and fit some sort of roller to alter the movement. just an idea off the top of my head. even a screw or bolt
in the right place might help. if you get what im on about i do lol

ricktgti

in that case junk the rod and get some cable. then attach both ends and and fit some sort of roller to alter the movement. just an idea off the top of my head. even a screw or bolt
in the right place might help. if you get what im on about i do lol

hi when i read this last nite i didnt have a clue what you was on about but reading it again makes sense cheers going to give it a go on saturday weather permitting :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.