Help interior light/lights left on buzzer fail

luig

Help.

The interior light has stopped coming on, but only when the drivers door is opened. It works fine when the passenger door is opened.

The lights left on alarm has also stopped working but thought this was also part of the problem.

I am thinking some sort of door switch problem, but don't know where this is/ where to find it.

I have looked all over door, but can't find switch, nothing on hinge side and nothing on lock side.

The interior light comes on as usual when you take the key out of the ignition but not when the door is opened, and the buzzer does not work under any situation.

Also the red door open warning light does not come on with the drivers door open.

If i know where the buzzer is i can check and rule that out, and maybe trace wires back to door switch?

Anyone know, or had similar problem and know fix? :confused:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
My car has now developed this syndrome. If you car is warranty this get the garage to change the

But only got the following issues...

Warning buzzer for lights does not come on with the drivers door open

Doesn't 'prime' something when the drivers door is first opened

And if you open the door, get in the car and wait 15sec then the alarm automatically arms itself, because the system hasn't realised I've opened the door…

But the interior light does come on!!!!

As you have said it is the door switch.... only problem is that it is built into the locking mechanism.. Therefore need to be done under warranty if possible if not approx £70.

My local dealer says they have many leons with this problem but not the Ibiza.... Think I’ll take the other millions of threads about the problem to him.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yep its a new door catch as the open close sensor that is built into the catch has packed up

if your handly with tools can be done yourself but dont exspect it to be like a ford fiesta changing a catch it is trickey for a first timer but there is lots of info on how to do this on this site :)

chrissyb103

chrissyb103
Nov 15, 2006
near london
i have the same problem mate dw!!!
my buzzer does not work and the interior light only comes on when the passenger door is opened!
it is a bit tempremental though as sumtimes it does and sometimes the buzzer works lol!?!?!

nealo

Oct 12, 2007
Guisborough
Also the red door open warning light does not come on with the drivers door open.

Red door open warning light? i've noticed the outline of this on the display, but never had it light up on my last 1.2 mk 4 or my mk 4 cupra. thought it was maybe for VWs?

luig

Cheers for all the help :)

I might attempt to fix this myself........feeling brave.

Anyone have any idea of what part needs replacing the part number and cost?

Just need a bit more help to crack this.

I have posted this on other forums and there are a good number of other owners with the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.