Help - Leaking Rear wash wipe

Dan_20vt

Altea Owner
Aug 1, 2004
Kent
Help, my rear wash wipe is leaking from within the bootlid (not the in the boot, that happened a couple of months ago :( ) I'm happy to have a go at fixing it apart from being unable to get the plastic trim off the inside of the boot-lid, I have removed the two screws that are inside the grab-handles but that didn't make any difference. Can anyone help??????? Thanks in advance Dan.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
To get the rear boot trim off, take out the two screws you've found, then pull like buggery.

philaw

Oct 18, 2004
Do it quickly, don't get tempted to wait for the better weather. I did, and suddenly - on pops the hatch open warning light. To the dealers, 4 visits later, hatch open warning light finally off."Water got into the electrics mate" thank you Mr Warranty. I asked them to make sure the pipe never comes off again, they did the union in the hatch and the really troublesome one just behind the rear seat (passengers side). This is my third Seat car, all the others did the same. As soon as the weather goes cold, the plastics used contract at different rates, so the pipe just pushes itself off. Easy enough job though (once you work out how hard to tug the hatch trim).

PMJ

I had the same a week or two ago.. just pulled as hard as i could to get the panel off and then added a tiewrap to the hose .. all seems ok ...

andycupra

status subject to change
be brave, pull from top. (i got in the boot..) probably best to use both hands as the plastic does bend and you dont want it to crease... and wait for horrible noise which is the clips letting go..

its attached in about 10 places with push fit metal clips..
i found some came away with the trim some stayed attached to the metalwork.
some flew off !
you will need to remove any that stay on the metal work and put them onto the plastic trim before refitting it or will never get it back on properly.

its not that easy as it just plain aqward. but definatly do-able..