help needed for a newbie

wbrazier2001

Ok, read all the posts, feet freezing now. Got an issue with my w/screen washer unit, the water is p"""sing out of the well on the driver wheel arch. Now is seems to have happened as the weather turn cold. Just cannot fathom out where to start looking as don't want to start taking things apart in this weather. On the other hand getting funny looks on the M62 as I squirt the water out with a bottle! Thanks in advance guys

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
on the bottom of the washer bottle the pipe connects in there usually,sometimes gets popped off if the screen wash freezes(pipe expands and comes off )can you here the pump whirring away when you press "squirt"?if not theres summat wrong with your pump.
failing that,wait till you see someon in front washing there window and just tailgate them to clean yours :)

edit:good idea to post what car you are on about,as far as i know you could own a trabant :)

wbrazier2001

sorry leon tdi se on a 51 plate, motor works fine, water's been pumped to the rear washer fine, and I can see the water pouring out of the wheel arch. What wuth no haynes manual out for this car(why???), not sure where to start digging... at the top where the windscreen wipers are or under the wheel arch?

cheers

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
start at the washer bottle and follow it out,golf 4 haynes is available (i think)and some bits match up