help needed with replacing rear door speaker on a seat leon 2001 model

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Hi guys

Unfortunately my rear driver side door speaker has popped and I've had real difficulty in removing the door panel to get to the speaker also took it to halfords who were no help at all.

Has anyone here had this issue or upgraded their door speakers for better quality etc?

Instructions on how to replace the speakers would be great, also I've been told VIBE speakers would be a good replacement, but I am willing to pay for the quality (love my music lol)

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
The door card comes off with two or 3 t25 torques bits I thinking the bottom, and then you have to take the handle panel bit off and two cross head screw is inside, I think that's it other than the door clips which a few will probably break, takes some force to pop them too, then lift the door card up to take it off. Then the speaker will be riveted so drill the heads , unclip and either screw or re rivet the new speaker in and the. Put back together , worth sealing the door if it hasn't been done before, I'm sure there is a guide on here.

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
The door card comes off with two or 3 t25 torques bits I thinking the bottom, and then you have to take the handle panel bit off and two cross head screw is inside, I think that's it other than the door clips which a few will probably break, takes some force to pop them too, then lift the door card up to take it off. Then the speaker will be riveted so drill the heads , unclip and either screw or re rivet the new speaker in and the. Put back together , worth sealing the door if it hasn't been done before, I'm sure there is a guide on here.

A guide would be ideal but couldn't seem to find one anywhere at all. I'm not very technical minded but will give it a go thanks bud

Any ideas as to what would be a good replacement speaker?

Also where did you get your fabia rear wiper from mate

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Here's a good guide for the Mk4 golf that a guy called imagewerks on the ukmivs forum did, tells you everything you need to know regarding the speakers.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/236009.aspx

I must admit though the standard speakers coupled with a pioneer cd player is a pretty impressive sound. Sometimes the upgrade ruins the quality so I'd be careful about what you go for. I've been in cars with like £2000 of stereo equipment and been so unimpressed with the awful sound.

Last edited:

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Here's a good guide for the Mk4 golf that a guy called imagewerks on the ukmivs forum did, tells you everything you need to know regarding the speakers.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/236009.aspx

I must admit though the standard speakers coupled with a pioneer cd player is a pretty impressive sound. Sometimes the upgrade ruins the quality so I'd be careful about what you go for. I've been in cars with like £2000 of stereo equipment and been so unimpressed with the awful sound.

The standard leon speakers are top notch, but I made the mistake of buying a real powerful kenwood cd player and with the bass on full resulting in a popped speaker :cry:

Thank you for the mk4 guide, would it be the same for the leon though?

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
I wouldn't just replace one speaker lol, I would get one from a golf or similar from a scrappy, eBay but you have to get the leon hybrid one

Ideally I'd like to replace the damaged speaker with an exact original but I guess if not I'd need two aftermarkets for the two rear door ones

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Sub in the boot to deal with the bass and turn the bass to the door speakers down, works a treat.

That's the plan hopefully!

Going off topic here but would you know much about Xenons?

I'd like a clear white light for the side, main beams and fogs too but not sure where to start :(

crazybrumi

Mar 13, 2010
Hall Green, Birmingham
its real easy there if i remember two screws at the bottom in each corner. you need to take the black trim of the handle and there should be bolts behind them. once you unscrewed them it should just lift up and off. if your going to replace it with an aftermarket speakers ul need a speaker adapater to replace the orginal on there.

also if ur looking for some mods to do iv got a set of cupra seats rear and front in my car, which im looking to take out and replace with the originals that come with the car. as im preparing it for a sale as i just purchased a new car. black with green inserts, they hug you much better than the originals in the corners.

Last edited:

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
its real easy there if i remember two screws at the bottom in each corner. you need to take the black trim of the handle and there should be bolts behind them. once you unscrewed them it should just lift up and off. if your going to replace it with an aftermarket speakers ul need a speaker adapater to replace the orginal on there.

also if ur looking for some mods to do iv got a set of cupra seats rear and front in my car, which im looking to take out and replace with the originals that come with the car. as im preparing it for a sale as i just purchased a new car. black with green inserts, they hug you much better than the originals in the corners.

Hiya mate thanks for the info, gonna have a little look tomorrow morning.
Also I notice ur from Bham also, would you mind Messaging me your number I've wanted to change my interior for a while now.

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Hi guys a little update I've come across a local car dealer who has a mk4 that he's selling as spares, So gonna go pick up the door speaker off of him in the morning I'm hoping it's the same power/quality as the leons as they are pretty good.

MOE16V

May 17, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Yes Atz keeping yourself busy I see.

Il give you a hand when im free, not 100% sure but dont think its too difficult.

Any updates on your vr6 conversion you got going on.

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Yes Atz keeping yourself busy I see.

Il give you a hand when im free, not 100% sure but dont think its too difficult.

Any updates on your vr6 conversion you got going on.

Yeah I'm looking to get the speaker sorted in the morning

Lol the vr6 plan hasn't come to fruition just yet but will kick things off when I've won the lottery :)

Ruff Ryder

Mar 31, 2012
West Midlands
Hey guys another update for you - I managed to pick up an OEM door speaker for next to nothing from a local breaker :)

And I was able to remove the door cord too but it seem the speaker in my leon is drilled in

Would anyone know exactly which tools I'd need to remove the original and fit the replacement speaker?

and finally does anybody know where I can get SCN stickers ??

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.