Help needed

Apr 22, 2020
Afternoon everyone, so my car has a few problems that I’m looking at trying to fix, the first one is when the doors are open the interior lights don’t come on and nothing shows on the dash that the doors are open (happens with all the doors) and the windows seem to work without the key in the ignition, second is overnight the battery seems to drop to where it’s not enough to start the car so I have to use a jump pack to start the car, the car usually starts first time after a little drive after using the jump pack and then starts during the day with no problems at all (when running the voltage is 14.5v which shows my alternator works as it should) and I’ve tried two different batteries that have been on a recon charge and been charged to full capacity. Any help would be appreciated highly.

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
The door interior light switch is built into the door lock mechanism so it could be them that have failed. But i'd check that interior light switch is working first and that the bulb hasn't blown. If it is the door locks, then that might also explain the dash not showing the doors are open, as the lock isn't telling the car if it is open or not.
If your battery is draining over night, it's either knackered or you have a parasitic battery drain. In other words something isn't switching off when you lock the doors and walk away and draining the battery overnight.
If you search on youtube for parasitic battery drain you'll find plenty of videos showing how to search for the circuit that's at fault.
I have this problem in my Discovery at the moment. Not as bad as yours as it takes up to a week to flatten the battery if not used.
I'd suggest disconnecting the negative lead when you park up for the night as 'normal' car batteries won't last long if you keep flattening and charging them up. They aren't designed for that!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise