HELP no 4th gear

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
i was driving allong and i herd a rattle i thought it was my exhast dragging so i got out and checked under the car everything was fine. carried on driving with the rattle and went into 4th gear and it is like neutral, i stopped still and put in 4th and lifted the clutch and nothing happend, all other gears work fine with the noise tho.

vngtx

most likely the gear selecting rod has come loose. if u can reach it from underneath just see if it will go into gear by pulling it back, pushing it forward into 4th

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
that could explain the fact i thought my exhaust had fallen off becuase of the noise. ill see what the garage say, im hoping it isnt the gear box eles thats gonna be costy, thankyou for the help so far

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
linkage is all fine the problem is internal, so im gonna buy a second hand box. but where do i find the code to see what gearbox i need?

vngtx

printed ontop next to the side of the gearbox mounting. i think its DQW. or 085.

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
the transmition code is something CJ the sticker was faded the code on the gear box is 085 does that sound right ?

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
sickening, now i just have to find one....
thankyou for all the help so far i just have to hope m.o.t goes okay tomorrow eles it might be time to find something new

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
dam, what then ? another ibiza? or a car that wont break? haha
civic is getting my vote too atm jap's build them better

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
i just checked one it theyr rare. only one on ebay, im tempted to buy it tho haha. im too in love with mine to sell her

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise