Help Please EGR valve Seat Leon 1.6 TDI (2011)

Emma

Sep 21, 2018
So if i pay for the diagnostic and it shows ive had the update ill be able to get the Egr done by seat for free.

What if it shows i havent had the update?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
How long have you owned the car? The emissions fix has only been available for about 2 years now, so if you've owned the car for longer than that and haven't had it done then it won't be done.

The dealer is supposed to do two things when the update is done; put a sticker on the boot floor near the vehicle ID label with the code 23S1 on it, and also to add the car's details to a central database of cars that have had the fix done.

I'd speak to Seat UK to confirm too. They will be able to tell you if a dealer has added your car to the list of cars done. If they confirm your car has been done then tell them you are having EGR problems, you understand such faults are being fixed as a goodwill gesture and ask how they would advise proceeding. They will probably tell you to take the car to a dealer for diagnostics in which case ask them to call ahead on your behalf so you don't get the dealer trying to charge you for diagnostics.

Emma

Sep 21, 2018
Ive had it just over a year. Bought ut privately and no documentation to say it had been done.

I will have a look for thw sticker and hopefully its been done and i can get the egr done free.
I will also google the seat uk number and give them a call...

If the case is that it has not been done and i cannot blame seat. Im guessing that ill be looking to get it replaced at a cost to myself.

Has anyone had any experience with professional cleaning methods such as terraclean or Bg products?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, I'd phone Seat UK and ask if they know if it's been done / flagged to be done. The couple of times I've spoke to them they've been alright. If they don't know, next cheapest option would be to pay the £30 diagnostics fee. Trouble is, Terraclean will do next to nothing and it's money you could have put towards a new EGR valve. Even if it does work, it's just delaying the problem. I believe when I had my FR+ and thought the EGR valve had gone it was something like £600 I was quoted to get it fixed. So you may want to prepare for the worst. But I'd have to double check the price. If Seat aren't going to help, would be worth looking for decent Indy garages in your area as they will likely charge £30+ less per hour.

Edited:
Just checked, it was £600 I was quoted by an indy for a new EGR valve all in, that was for a 2.0TDI (CR) so will vary depending on how much of a pain it is to get to on your engine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.