Help please???mk2 leon problem

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
After driving my leon FR TFSi today about 1 in the afternoon the eml appeared on the dash and the car started to run very very lumpy misfiring in all gears never had this sort of problem ever before so i took it down to the garage where i normally take all my cars as soon as i reached there out of the blue all smoke started to appear out the bonnet sides, so i turned it off straight away, we opened up the bonnet to find visually the coilpack burnt on the 1st cylinder so i had it replaced and now the car does not want to start up :help:??? the garage is getting an auto electrician to come out to it as they are saying possibly the wiring has been burnt out. Has anyone had this sort of problem before as i am lost at the mo :think: any help will be appricated. :confused:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
when one of my coil packs went, it burnt out some of the wiring of engine harness but only the part attached to the ignition ciol.

have the simple things been checked like fuses - a coil burnt can blow the engine fuses in the engine bay. any fault codes now?

Last edited:

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
the car does not fire up at all you can hear the engine turning over but does not then, one of the fuses where popped replaced it but no difference, there is also no spark at the cylinders aswell

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
the dianostic tool showed up ignition coil i think, cut off switch and coil pack malfunction cyclinder 1 only one off the coilpacks was replaced as the rest where all ok and the car ticks over but does not seem to wanna start up mechanics were puzzled

Poverty

the car does not fire up at all you can hear the engine turning over but does not then, one of the fuses where popped replaced it but no difference, there is also no spark at the cylinders aswell

Has there been a continuity check through the wires at all? I suppose thats what the electrician will be doing tomorrow

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
No it has not been bud, as the mechanics do not know much about electrics. The 1st coilpack on the engine was the one burnt out including the wire, what do you reckon it is mate?