Help please NON START

yellowcupragti

Hi guys i have recently bought a 1999 2.0 8v ibiza cupra gti drove it for a week then broke down. now i have no spark from the car i have changed the coil and the dizzy but still no spark. i have tired new leads aswell but still nothing. im lost wer to start looking next can any1 help please.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
are you getting no spark whatsoever? or just a split second at all

possible crank sensor ?

not easy to get at but wiring worth a check

when you changed coil(s) did you change/test them and the igniter pack under it too ?

yellowcupragti

i would get spark somtimes from the lead thats of the coil but only a weak spark then nothing after but so no spark wt so ever got it check getting all the right signals from the multi plug to the coil.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
usually built into the bottom of the coil so not obvious mind

what coil / dizzy did you get ? new one ?

yellowcupragti

Yep both new don't we're to start next any suggestion

crossedmike

sounds like my 16v problem
im looking at a new ecu check ignition wire and earthing points i got one spart then nothing crank is a bugger to do as well

yellowcupragti

yeh im gona try and search for a ecu and c hw it goes have u tired a new ecu yet and have u elimated the immoboliser aswell

crossedmike

Mine turns but no start ecu coming in 2 days when try will leg u know first thing checked immobiliser and there a few ecu on eBay for mine there was dno bout 8v good look : )

yellowcupragti

london thanks i look forward to hearing from you when u fitted ur new ecu

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.