Help please! Updating map

King_leon

Apr 7, 2019
Hi, so for the past couple of weeks I have been trying to update my map (2019 seat Leon fr sport). I made the terrible mistake of deleting my files which puts me in a predicament as I cannot copy over the overall.nds. I need help please as my car uses the navigation on the cockpit so not using it makes the car less exciting.
Is there a workaround this issue? or does anyone has a map they could upload which contains the overall.nds for me to use please?
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am losing my head.

Thanks

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
If you've got the SD card part number, you can see if anyone else on here has the same card and get a copy of their overall.nds. Never tried this but I've read somewhere that it should work. Good luck!

Reactions: King_leon

King_leon

Apr 7, 2019
If you've got the SD card part number, you can see if anyone else on here has the same card and get a copy of their overall.nds. Never tried this but I've read somewhere that it should work. Good luck!

Hi, thanks for your reply... That might work... the number I have on the sd card is 6PO919866AF and it is the Europe 1(V7).

Thanks

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi, thanks for your reply... That might work... the number I have on the sd card is 6PO919866AF and it is the Europe 1(V7).

Thanks
Do you know what version it said the software was on the infotainment screen before you tried the update? It should be 1030. I've got an overall.nds file from v1030. It won't let me upload it on here, so if you PM me your email address, I'll send it over.

King_leon

Apr 7, 2019
Do you know what version it said the software was on the infotainment screen before you tried the update? It should be 1030. I've got an overall.nds file from v1030. It won't let me upload it on here, so if you PM me your email address, I'll send it over.

Hi Steve! thank you for your message. My software says it’s version 0514 so I’m guessing I’m way out of date. I could still try your .nds and see if it works?
I’ll send over my email pm now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
I've got a post that fixes all issues when you delete the original maps and don't have the overall.nds file. Previously I'd helped people to find the copy they came from, a lot of fiddling around to find the download. Then I got a more switched on poster who had found the one I couldn't, to find the one before. The penny dropped you can just go back to V1 of the Seat mib2 card to get the overall.nds file then that works with whatever release there after. That aspect hadn't been identified so I put that up.

Post 2075:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-104

See under Lost, Stolen and Missing Cards from a Mib2 Standard Unit

Version 1 mib2 link there. That overall.nds file in that one fixes all issues :).

I re-read Exciters and Notabens original posts. They don't know what is in that file but Exciter noted it dropped down between releases. That drop down position is effectively the year marker. With Mapcare you can always go backwards so using an older overall.nds file via the workaround always works since its a feature of Mapcare :).

That post is the summary of all knowledge on mib2 standard including how to upgrade to a 32gb card :yes: Taking in what we recently learnt on that thread. The unit is locked to the overall.nds file or any before the release you were on. The VAG cards are interchangeable in the unit with the workaround. There is a common run in set of codes in the CID that enables this but no exact lock of the card to the unit only ther overall.nds file. Thank fellow posters that have all contributed to the knowledge.

Last edited:

King_leon

Apr 7, 2019
I've got a post that fixes all issues when you delete the original maps and don't have the overall.nds file. Previously I'd helped people to find the copy they came from, a lot of fiddling around to find the download. Then I got a more switched on poster who had found the one I couldn't, to find the one before. The penny dropped you can just go back to V1 of the Seat mib2 card to get the overall.nds file then that works with whatever release there after. That aspect hadn't been identified so I put that up.

Post 2075:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-104

See under Lost, Stolen and Missing Cards from a Mib2 Standard Unit

Version 1 mib2 link there. That overall.nds file in that one fixes all issues :).

I re-read Exciters and Notabens original posts. They don't know what is in that file but Exciter noted it dropped down between releases. That drop down position is effectively the year marker. With Mapcare you can always go backwards so using an older overall.nds file via the workaround always works since its a feature of Mapcare :).

That post is the summary of all knowledge on mib2 standard including how to upgrade to a 32gb card :yes: Taking in what we recently learnt on that thread. The unit is locked to the overall.nds file or any before the release you were on. The VAG cards are interchangeable in the unit with the workaround. There is a common run in set of codes in the CID that enables this but no exact lock of the card to the unit only ther overall.nds file. Thank fellow posters that have all contributed to the knowledge.
Wow!! thanks alot for your detailed advice. I am currently downloading the file and will let you go how that goes

Tell

Staff member
The Mac just introduces a lot of rubbish characters which you can clean out.

VW instructions

"ATTENTION

If the map update is performed using the Apple® OS X operating system you may find that
Discover Media does not recognise the map material or displays it incorrectly. This is due to
a lack of compatibility between the “7 zip” program and the OS-X operating system. In
addition, the OS-X operating system has a tendency to create hidden additional files on
external data media. We therefore recommend that OS X users use the “Keka” unzipping
program. We also recommend using the “CleanMyDrive” program to remove any hidden files."

CleanMydrive you run on the SD card after. Think it's version 2 now. Keka is the approved unzip program. Some people have success with others thou on a Mac.

If you do use the Skoda download manager, as above, that has a built in unzip so if it works it copies to SD card. Then you take off the overall.nds file back to HD. Copy 1430 on, then overwrite the overall.nds file with version 1 one. Then run CleanMyDrive to remove any unwanted stuff introduced. Clip the card. Switch on the unit. Do a reboot via long press and put the card in.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi Steve! thank you for your message. My software says it’s version 0514 so I’m guessing I’m way out of date. I could still try your .nds and see if it works?
I’ll send over my email pm now. Thanks

Glad you've now got it all working!
0514 is the software version of the infotainment system. I was originally after the navigation version, similar to the image below which shows '0910'.

5a9ec42e03a12d1689aa6b78

Did you try the file I sent you?

King_leon

Apr 7, 2019
Glad you've now got it all working!
0514 is the software version of the infotainment system. I was originally after the navigation version, similar to the image below which shows '0910'.

5a9ec42e03a12d1689aa6b78

Did you try the file I sent you?

Hi Steve, I tried the file but it didn’t work for some reason. However, using the clean my drive software with the V1 nds and that worked perfectly so far. I’ll be taking the car for a drive later and update if it’s all good.
I am so grateful for your help pal.

Reactions: Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.