Help please !!

Ronnie boy

Hi every one ,
Need a few pointers here I drive a cupra r wich has been staged 1 up to 265bhp as I was on my way home this evening I had a sound like a blow out ,then smoke every where quickly turned engine off to find oil gushing out what seems to be sump area (bearing in mind I'm no mechanic)I hadn't been pushing it to hard just motor way driving ,car is regularly serviced no expense spared any ideas ??

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
:(
Possibly a rod has snapped and gone through the side of the engine? Anything in the road you might have hit and cracked the sump?

Probably nothing to do with it but whos maps on it?

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Not much help I'm afraid but as above really.

Did you have any lights come on the dash?
What grade oil was put in it last service?

Ronnie boy

Sorry for the slow reply trying to figure out how to use the site lol
Nothing on road and I would of thought a snapped rod may have seized the engine up ?? I got what sounded to be a blow out ! The speed that the oil got dumped was unbelievable ..
The map was done by AMD and all other bits done by local garage .

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Bottom boost hose blew off the inter cooler by any chance a fair bit of oil can hold in there.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ronnie boy

Many thanks mark may be a stupid question but where about would that be ? I'm looking down the back of the engine wich seems to be where all the oil has sprayed . Would there be a lot of mechanical noise if a rod had snapped because just sounded normal as if I had come off the throttle

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
If the rod had snapped the oil light and buzzer and loads of metal would be over the road, could be your turbo as that's at the rear, you checked the dipstick see how much you lost ?? Any smoke from exhaust when it happened

Ronnie boy

Smoke plumes mate and possibly entire engines worth of oil no metal or debris on road nothing hitting bottom of car thanks for every ones input will keep you updated ouch think this ones going to hurt the wallet

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
You will need to inspect the turbo so take the top boost hose of and the tip if you need to check it further but my money is turbo... What miles as it done

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Something sounds really odd mate, if you've lost that much oil you should have some serious indicators somewhere.

Where abouts are you, there may be a forum member local that could help have a nose??

Ronnie boy

Morning all @ cupra barn I'm in st,Ives Cambridge area I've got a mate coming round today to take a look hopefully nothing to major get back on road soon fingers crossed

Ronnie boy

Massive crack in the sump very strange any one know how much approx that's going to set me back ??

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Have you removed it? any internal damage, if there was nothing in the road has it been damaged by something loose inside?? clean or replace the oil strainer if it needs it whilst sumps off.

If its just a cracked sump be happy! Not sure if it could be welded? cant imagine there that expensive and there's always the breakers :)

Ronnie boy

No I haven't removed it just had a mate pop round to have a look its going to be going in to get sorted on Monday so fingers crossed thank you all again for your input been really helpfull tryin to get pics up on here

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
As Traumapat said. If there was nothing in the road to cause that what did cause it?

It still sounds like its dropped a rod to me but you may be a very lucky chap! Out of curiousity did your car have the undertray fitted at the time?

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
I'd does sound like a rod is perhaps bent taking the sump out if there was nought in the road m8...

Ronnie boy

Oooooooouuucccchhhhhh blown a fist size hole in the block and smashed sump not a happy boy !!!!!

Any ideas of where I can locate a new lump and all bits that come with it ??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.