Help Plz... Seat Leon Cupra T problems

maxboy1

Hi People,

Looking for some help..

Last week i went and bought a 03 plate seat leon cupra t.
i test drive the car and it was okay, when i was on my way back on the motorway the engine management light came on so i pulled up and the car when stationary was dropping revs and the idle needle kept going low and high.. it seemed like the car was struggling to stay on.. got the rac out and they siad its an airflow meter, put the car on three diagnostics, 1 came up with air flow, the second with cylinder misfire, and the third coil pack.. any one had this problem what could it be. also i got some water coming in through left passenger door and can hear the wind coming through from somewhere on motorway what could this be, i made a rush into buying it which i now regret but now i am stuck with it so all help will be appreciated.

oh by the way its an 03 plate full service mainly seat, 105 on the clock, how much are they worth.

maxboy1

Cheers pal, just getting to grips with the site now, So you think its coil packs

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
hunting revs do you have any other lights up on the dash? apart from yellow engine light? also when you try to pull away does it sound like a subaru? the only way you'll know if its Maf sensor or coil packs is to put a help request in the Vag-com help section of the site. i would offer to help but im located in kent

maxboy1

just the yellow light, had three diagnostics on it, the best one came up with miss fire coil, but also 4 other problems which the guy goes they could be related, but the car drives fine, on the motor way and when driving it fine it moves and sounds good, just when stationary its hunting for revs.
???

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
if they all say maf sensor then get it changed, you can pick them up in euro car parts or GSF, you might be lucky and find one of these open later today

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.