HELP!!! Proof Of Membership

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the proof is this

get a quote. then say 'oh, i am a member of a club - can you run it through again'

being in a club won't reduce your risk.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
rumour started by the insurance brokers to get free advertising with clubs/internet forums etc

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Also by getting the site url and your name etc they can see what your doing to your car!

I gave them the URL of a detailing site in the end but bes bet isto ask green light! much better on price you know!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
strangely enough, they didnt ask for my username. Which is weird.

TBH, if u mention SCN, i doubt it will make any difference at all. As m0rk said, try without first, then add on the membership and see how much cheaper it doesnt become.
I just mentioned it cos I didnt think about it at the time.

:lol:

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
no i dont think it discounts anything either.

I completed the quote form yesterday (just for proof) on the website without mentioning SCN and it came back the same quote.

It's all B**L S**T.

Not even going to mention the name of the company again.

Complete waste of time.

Half decent quote tho.

1yr NCB
1 Accident in Nov 2003
21 Yrs old
B36 Birmingham
MY52 LCR
£1153

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks for the help tho, initially I was worried that the quote would not be valid without the proof.

I only brought the car based on this quote and couldn't really afford to pay any more.

Worried for nothing tho :doh:

Thanks for responses

:cheers:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well i did get a letter from them saying if i couldnt prove my membership there would be additional fees. They word it as if you lose a discount but it prob just means an admin fee to update there paper work