Help!! Remap Horror Story!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
just unplug the maf

But since an audi expert had been you'd think he'd find that!

However... I gotta say (now I know) your chosen tuner isn't a respected 'well known' one

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
what sensors?

the car will need to be connected to most of them to run even in safe mode.

I wonder if someone in their excitement has disconnected the N75 valve (boost control)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Where abouts are you? I would look for an even more well known and respected VAG tuner to help diagnose.

I'm sure a lot of them might be cautious about taking on someone elses lash-up, but if you go cap in hand you might get somewhere...

deanr1

I'm in Northampton, its currently at my local revo dealer where they're trying to sort the mess out.

deanr1

I'm thinking if it was a sensor problem such as the MAF, wouldn't it have been losing power before? just to re-iterate, it had been boosting fine until they plugged their bit of kit in.

If i find out it was the tuners fault then obviously i'll be looking at taking legal action against them for knackering my car, but no one seems to have much of an idea if they're to blame.

Triple D

Sometimes Mafs can go graually over time, then turn it back on after a good blast and its fooked. With it happening graually its not as noticable

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
I would say intake blockage.

This is exact symptom of what happend to my old ibiza after re fitting the standard airbox.

we didn't fit the plastic pipe into the hole in the big sponge thing that sits inside the front arch/wing.

drove around for 2 weeks with limited boost and not able to rev past 4krpm as there wasn't enough air coming in for engine to run more revs it seemed.

but it finally got sorted when we took everything out and noticed the mark on the sponge thing. :D

another classic grandad muppet moment but wasn't totally my fault this time.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Has the ECU been flashed back with standard stock code?

Any sensors you would expect an Audi man to have checked...

Can you free rev it over 5.5k? does it stop dead on this mark or just get there and die off...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm in Northampton, its currently at my local revo dealer where they're trying to sort the mess out.

shame I'm leaving the country tomorrow night for a week

if it's not resolved drop me an email - we'll go logging and do this properly.

deanr1

Has the ECU been flashed back with standard stock code?

Any sensors you would expect an Audi man to have checked...

Can you free rev it over 5.5k? does it stop dead on this mark or just get there and die off...

They tried flashing it back to standard but it still ran exactly the same, i'm not sure if it free revs ok as its still in the tuners and i cant try that out.

I'm hoping to have some news today as they are due to ring me.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Dean, as apposed to you putting the mapping company on here direct can you PM me to let me know the name, i am looking at a map soon and am a big sceptical! just so i can stay clear, i know you have no sure proof of what happened or who did it but better to be safe than sorry!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I bet if you swap your ECU for a good one it'll run fine, same thing happened to someone else, car got stuck in some kind of limp mode

Have you had the car from new?

Probably already has revo on there

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Hmmm, i wonder if it's in valet mode.....

then again if they've tried to flash to stock with their kit used - they will have just mushed it up

deanr1

I bet if you swap your ECU for a good one it'll run fine, same thing happened to someone else, car got stuck in some kind of limp mode

Have you had the car from new?

Probably already has revo on there

I have owned it since it was about 18 months old with 20k on the clock.

I have a minor update for you all, i'm getting the car back tomorrow but its no different as the Revo dealer have admitted defeat and cannot find whats wrong with it despite having it all week.

I'm not sure what to do next, i want my boost back!!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
shame I'm leaving the country tomorrow night for a week

if it's not resolved drop me an email - we'll go logging and do this properly.

Offer is there, but not until Sat PM (next week)

sounds more & more like a blockage

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.