help to remove fuel cap

fuelfillercap

Hi. I have a seat ibiza 1.2 07 hire car and can't remove fuel cap to fill. The cap will unlock and will turn both ways but will not unscrew in the convention manner. Sorry to be so wet but can you help I need to get out tonight and the rental doesn't open until morning?

confused:

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Stick the key in...turn the key anti-clockwise, without moving the cap. Then turn the key with the cap anti-clockwise until it comes off.

MattyJ

Mar 29, 2008
Darlington, North East England
When I first got my Ibiza and went to fill it up, I couldn't get the fuel cap off either so I had to drive away again, park up and read the manual which luckily I had in the car with me!

I would have read it at the pump but there were people waiting behind me :D

nellist_666

hilarious! i remember when i picked my car up, drove back home, first time out went to fill up, ended up having to go home and getting my dad to explain that i'm a useluss **** and show me how

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
abit of different question but. On my petrol I had a cap that stopped stuff getting into the tank I guess when you had the cap off. On my tdi it doesn't have this flap. Is this normal?

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
aaa thats ok then I thought it might popped of or something because I had one on my petrol, I my tdi arosa I still had a green bit where you filled up lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.