Help tonight if pos.

andycupra

status subject to change
sorry to have so many posts on here about lights and MAFs mate.

also sorry to hear problems are continuing.
i hope it gets sorted, sounds like the problem may be beyond my level of knowledge.

would be interesting to know how they decided it wasnt coolant sensor or MAF.

most dealers deny there is ever anything wrong with the MAF unless it totally fails.
i may be doing them a dis-service, but thats the experience of alot of people on here.

do they have car all the time?
do you get access to it?

if you do get it id definately recommend trying the MAF check.

(as an example of how imcompetant some dealers can be with MAF mine had the wrong one on it and 3 dealers didnt notice!)

Last edited:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
andycupra said:
sorry to have so many posts on here about lights and MAFs mate.

also sorry to hear problems are continuing.
i hope it gets sorted, sounds like the problem may be beyond my level of knowledge.

would be interesting to know how they decided it wasnt coolant sensor or MAF.

most dealers deny there is ever anything wrong with the MAF unless it totally fails.
i may be doing them a dis-service, but thats the experience of alot of people on here.

do they have car all the time?
do you get access to it?

if you do get it id definately recommend trying the MAF check.

(as an example of how imcompetant some dealers can be with MAF mine had the wrong one on it and 3 dealers didnt notice!)
Yes they've still got the car (waiting on a call from them now) - I did suggest them disconnecting the MAF, so I'll see if they did. They are not close by so by public transport it's an hour and a half journey each way (East London to Sidcup) and no one to drop me there daytime. If still not right by tomorrow I'll pick the car up and test the MAF myself.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
andycupra said:
thanks, i knew that but wanted to post replys so anyone else readiong this thread in the future is aware of who was talking rubbish.

hope it gets sorted.

Yeah, fair point with the replys.

It's not sorted yet. Garage can't pin it down - at least they are not taking my money for the sake of it although they still think it may be the cat they don't want to change it unless they're sure. Basically after 2 days of investigation they are saying to let the problem get worse and then it may be easier to find! They're fairly sure it's not the MAF - but I take your point and will hopefully test it myself over the weekend myself. Won't pick the car up until tomorrow now.

Thanks for your help.