HELP!! URGENT EPC Light problem

maxthomas

I hve a Seat Leon 52 plate

I have had an EPC light problem for about 8 months, first diagnosed with throttle body problem, stealership said up to £600

I said no, local garage my grandad works at got a new one and fitted, light back on after 2 months.

when the light used to be on i turned it on and when pputting my foot on the pedal is would not accelerate properly, but after turning on again it worked ok, albeit with the light still on.

Now i cant even turn the car on and off, it now wont let me move anywhere, when i go to accelerate the car decides it wont move anywhere it will just sound like i am constaantly pumping the acceleraater.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Max

maxthomas

is a vag a purely seat machine or any garage?

my local garage are rip off merchants

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Now i cant even turn the car on and off, it now wont let me move anywhere, when i go to accelerate the car decides it wont move anywhere it will just sound like i am constaantly pumping the acceleraater.

So the car is ticking over and the accelerator does nothing when pressed, with the engine running?

maxthomas

So the car is ticking over and the accelerator does nothing when pressed, with the engine running?

Sorry Im probably not explaining it well.

The AA recovered me, He said most likely not the throttle body, he checked for codes when EPC light was on, and nothing after trying several different ways.

He said it is most likely a problem the pedal end.

Basically when this light comes on the pedal works but doesnt register well, kinds splutters like i am pumping the pedal (when im not)....

I used to be able to turn the engine off and back on and it would work a treat (minus the EPC light)

Help is appreciated

Max

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Pedals do go faulty they are fly by wire also the throttle body can some not register correctly, someone had a problem recently.

You really need to get it on vag com to see what codes come back.

maxthomas

Pedals do go faulty they are fly by wire also the throttle body can some not register correctly, someone had a problem recently.

You really need to get it on vag com to see what codes come back.

Is the VAG different to the machine a local garage would have?

As SEAT and VW would charge me a bomb

maxthomas

Local garage are cleaning pedal etc with circuit cleaner and then resetting the throttle body.

Anything else they can do

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.