Help with 2.0TDI PD140

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi Guys,
I know this is the wrong section but the Toledo section is as dead as a door-nail and the bloody engine and gearbox in this is pretty much the same.

I've got a 2005 Toledo 2.0TDI DSG PD140
I was just pulling out of a lay-by, I gave it full throttle, Suddenly the car lost all power and then it scrambled all over the gears. When I looked up and looked in my rear view it looked like the top of a smokestack from a power station, blowing whitish smoke all over the motorway.

Whilst I waited for a Tow I noticed a puddle of oil gathering in front of the drivers side wheel (Underneath) I assume the turbo had blown, I checked the ECU with my diagnostics (Without turning the car on) and it showed no faults which was very strange.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this?
Does it sound like a turbo failure?
Also what Turbo's do these 2.0TDI PD140's tend to use?
Has anyone had this happen and how much did it cost you to fix?

I've really strapped for cash at the moment, I'm selling my 350z ready for Uni and was supposed to be using this as my Economical car whilst I study :(

Uselesshippy

Apr 28, 2016
Can't be sure if you're turbo has gone . When mine went it was a whining noise like a slipped belt. I had quotes up to 1300 but managed in end to get it done for 750. But you might be better just breaking it then scrapping the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Can't be sure if you're turbo has gone . When mine went it was a whining noise like a slipped belt. I had quotes up to 1300 but managed in end to get it done for 750. But you might be better just breaking it then scrapping the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers.
No noise from mine which may be a good sign?
But thanks for the costs helps put things in perspective.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Have you checked all the boost pipes/hoses to see if one has come off?

My old A3 PD130 did something similar and it was just a hose that had popped off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.