help with DG fitting

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Guys
searched forum and faq for guide to fit dogmount cant find anything. I think its staright forward only 4 bolts and not too long to sort but want to be sure before I buy as if not may have to budget fitting at the local mech.

anyone found a link to fitting
cheers
D.

Jamesrowe

Feb 6, 2009
Dorset
Hey mate, fitted a powerflex dogbone mount on my LCR last night, takes about 20 minutes. Take the under tray off, two 17mm bolts attaching the mount to the gearbox and two 13mm bolts attaching it to the chasis (make sure you support the gearbox eith a jack and a piece of wood to stop the engine swinging). Then remove the mount anf its just one 17mm bolt clamping the rubber bushes together, then just refit im reverse order. Hope this helps!

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
They have to be torqued up properly. Unfortunately i cant give you the numbers now but im sure you can find them on this forum.

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
I think iam looking at the right thing on THS performance website heres the description but is this mount only or are bushes with it?
The FR3 system fit the following applications:

This package includes the bottom Gearbox Steady (Dog bone) only.

VW Golf Mk4 2.0 Gti
VW Golf 1.8T Gti
VW Golt 1.9 TDi
VW Bora 1.8T
VW Bora 1.9TDi
Audi A3 1.8T
Audi A3 1.9TDi
Audi S3 210 - 225bhp
Audi TT 150-180-225
Seat Leon 1.8T
Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T
Seat Leon Cupra R
Seat Leon 1.9TDi
Seat Toledo
Skoda Octavia 1.8T
Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T

Fits 5 and 6 Speed Models.

FR3 Gearbox Steady

8 In Stock
Ref. Code: THSFR3-DBO

£55.00

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Its a whole dog bone mount with uprated bushes inside. I use exactly this one. Recommended.

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
cheers greesha so this mount is with bushes installed, just a bit confused with their staement near the bottom abount mount only, ill ring them tomorrow....we get any discount for forum members?

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Yes we do get a discount but you have to contact ollie from THS by email. Unfortunatelly i don't remember his address. I belive its something like [email protected]. Try to write an email to this address. It should work.

it says:

which means its whole gearbox engine mount (which is exactly what you look for)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise