Help with part no. for Cupra interior installation (m0rk?)

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
Hi.

i only addressed m0rk in title because with a search i found a year-old thread from someone with the same problem and m0rk helped them out..

just managed to snap up a full cupra interior (half leathers/red tiger stripe pattern to be exact) for my 1.4 and thats the problem...

my 1.4 doesnt have the separating tilt down rear seats like this set and so apperantly i will need to order some sort of bolted strut in order to fit them correctly, now thats all i know cus the pics from this old thread where dead links so i really have no idea what this part even looks like.

instead of getting a load of whaffle from the stealers i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on exactly what i need, how much it'll be etc etc.

any help or advice would be awesome cheers.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You need the small bracket to bolt to the car to pivot the seat on

where are you based? I might have one spare

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
not in that time! too dark & gale force winds to go hunting through the car :)

I'll look when I get in tonight.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
I need one too but would like to say that provisionally the seats seem to hold in place pretty damn good even without the bracket.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Mig, please tell me that you're not driving around with the seats in like that ?!?

I can't bear to think what they would do if you had an accident..... with them not being fully secured in place, they're going to act like lumps of concrete hitting the back of your head if they come loose :(

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
passengers or not, those seats are going to come loose during a heavy impact and potentially hit you, the driver, in the back of the head........

anyone seen that advert where the guy at in the back seat isn't wearing a seatbelt, and head-buts his mum in the front seat ?!?

not a good scenario in my book.....

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
passengers or not, those seats are going to come loose during a heavy impact and potentially hit you, the driver, in the back of the head........

anyone seen that advert where the guy at in the back seat isn't wearing a seatbelt, and head-buts his mum in the front seat ?!?

not a good scenario in my book.....

Funny you should say that because it did cross my mind, especially if helped by a propelling subwoofer so today at No-rice (vag meet) I picked up some new doorcards along with the split seat bracket and bolts for a grand total of £15 :funk:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise