help with problem

seany-boy

Hi guys, my engine management light came on yesterday and iv had it checked out and got the fault code, the code is p1649 which iv searched and its - P1469 EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Open Circuit but I haven't got a clue wot that is or where for that fact, the day before it came on I noticed a wet patch on my floor drivers side I didn't think anything of it as I was cleaning my car n fort to myself I must hav got some water in but I couldn't find any drops anywhere jus the wet patch little bit smaller than my fist,. Can I fix this myself or is it a garage job? Also is the car safe to keep using it or will it damage anything? My friend deleted the code before I could stop him so how will I no weather if fixed the problem or not But it hasn't come back on
Cheers guys
sean

seany-boy

What is evap tho guys and how do I rip it out? Will I be able to do? Sorry I'm not very clue'd up on these cars yet I'm still learning.
Thanks
Sean

seany-boy

Ok ill have ago at taking it of, what is the actual purpose of it tho? Is this a common fault then if most people take them put.
Thanks for all the help
Sean

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.