Help!!!

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
So I drove to work this morning and everything was ok. Got into the car this evening to come home and got a warning message on the dash and the cruise control isn't working (see attached images)

When I got home I plugged my Carista OBD in and did a diagnostic and got the fault codes on the last photo. Searching hasn't found anything.

I'll obviouslt call my local dealer tomorrow but I am worried its been caused by me changing settings using the Carista OBD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot_20190228-194026_Carista.jpg
    Screenshot_20190228-194026_Carista.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 241

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, good old Carista, what you have discovered is that they have not managed to discover all the possible fault codes on this version of Ibiza, I'd hope that Carista does operate in stealth mode, VCDS does so if you are smart when using it, it does not log "who/what" made any changes.

Any what is done is done, SEAT probably will not walk away from sorting that car out, good luck.

Edit:- what I should have written is that Carista has not yet been able to define what all the possible fault codes are yet for this car.

Last edited:

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
I had an acc error when driving in the rain, but it seemed to come back on when restarting the car. Sorry to hear yours has been more trouble.

I'm sure you can Google yourself but the first code seems to be this - 10485828 - Loudspeaker in Instrument Cluster. Sounds odd but then see this thread where an Audi owner traced his ACC errors to the speaker in the dash: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?5923-ACC-and-Audi-Brake-Guard-Not-Available
Are you getting warning bongs about seatbelts or keys OK?

Hitlist

Nov 26, 2018
I have had this error recently and had it repaired. When speaking to seat the error was to do with the speedometer or tachometer not reading correctly.

They ended up replaced the entire dashboard cluster.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
So just to give you an update. I spoke to Carista who suggested it wasn't an issue cused by the OBD changes. I sent them the Disgnostic date and they confirmed this. Had it into my local Sead dealer on Tuesday and they confirmed there was still an error message showing so its going back in on Monday to have the instrument cluster replaced. They also did the Seatbelt fix as well.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you used these logged fault codes to search in Google etc you would have found that the first one is Instrument check sum error, second one is KESSY key related and the third one is TCU indicating a shift monitoring issue. Carista will as I said earlier eventually get on top of these newer codes and so a future update will explain what exactly these codes mean.
It is always good, in my mind, to save or print all these faults that you have found during car scans as it can help with any future issues you have, especially in the cases where a main dealer will read/clear codes first time round and send you on your way only for these same fault codes to appear within a week/month which leads to rebooking car in and repeating all this time wasting.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
If you used these logged fault codes to search in Google etc you would have found that the first one is Instrument check sum error, second one is KESSY key related and the third one is TCU indicating a shift monitoring issue. Carista will as I said earlier eventually get on top of these newer codes and so a future update will explain what exactly these codes mean.
It is always good, in my mind, to save or print all these faults that you have found during car scans as it can help with any future issues you have, especially in the cases where a main dealer will read/clear codes first time round and send you on your way only for these same fault codes to appear within a week/month which leads to rebooking car in and repeating all this time wasting.

I did actually do a Google search at the time and the only one I managed to find was one about a fault in the instrument cluster. I don't have KESSY so not sure why that would show. Anyway It was in today and all fixed (I Hope).

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I did actually do a Google search at the time and the only one I managed to find was one about a fault in the instrument cluster. I don't have KESSY so not sure why that would show. Anyway It was in today and all fixed (I Hope).

Well the KESSY thing could maybe relate to any key, I assumed that it would mainly be KESSY, did they tell you exactly what they did to fix it, I demand to know what has been done as I want/need to know so that if it happens again, I want them to get it right - also when I buy a car with cash, I have a right to know what all warranty repairs have involved although I don't have the right to know what the costs involved are or the removed parts.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.