Help

boom

Jul 15, 2005
can anyone help . i'm having problems with the bodyshop that repaired my leon cupra. the front bumper has been put on to low and they are saying its how they are suposed to be when i no that it f**kin is not. can you leon owners help me out but taking pictures of the grill and badge area of the front bumper with the bonnet down so i can prove my point.
sorry about the rant but they've had my beloved leon for 10 weeks and they still havent done the job right,
thanks for any help you can give
steve

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
kids002.jpg

hope this helps mate mines the R

boom

Jul 15, 2005
thanks

thanks for that but i need the picture looking head on and level with the bonnet.
thanks again

boom

Jul 15, 2005
thanks for the picture. could do with it being closer . the sides of the bumper to wing gaps are fine. its just in the center near the seat badge. you can see the tops of the side grills . i'll try and post a picture but not sure how to.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Looking at the last picture the top of the grill and headlights are in line so it's more likely that the bonnet is too high and the bumper is in the right place. Can you wind the rubber spacers into the bonnet so it sits lower or does that make the bonnet too loose?

boom

Jul 15, 2005
the wings tops are level with the bonnet . i thought it was just the bumper. crap i hope its not the front panel thats out. :cry:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Bonnet has been adjusted too high, definitely. When my R was in Bells a long time ago, they had the bonnet off, and put it back on wrong. Brother in law and me adjusted ourselves, 4 bolts took us 10 mins to get it right.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've driven past yours a few times this week, noticed you'd just got it back.

I'd say mine was level-ish, looked much like yours wouldn't shut properly either cause it was slightly twisted, so you had to push it down to close it, where as if its in line, just dropping it from half a foot it will shut cleanly.

Basically they'd stuck it on a bit to ****, so it looked fairly right on the car, but one side was tighter that the other side, and a bit offline to the other side, had the effect of pulling it up in the middle and making it look like yours currently does.

Only other thing is if they haven't mounted the bumper right, but that just snaps into place.

boom

Jul 15, 2005
thanks for the advice zboyd your a star. the cars been back to the bodyshop twice to sort this out and its still the same. they damaged my sill and didnt say anything . i took it for a mot the day i got it back and the tester pointed out the sill damage to me. all this because some bint in a bmw was looking where she was going. [:@]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise