hesitation when changing gear

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
hello,

need help quick.
Done a search but found no definitive answers.
Just there i went out in my car,when i put the foot down,power comes in as normal,but when i change gear,my car hesitates for a full second before power comes back in.theres no power for a second,then it comes bak in again and spools as normal.

Yesterday i went on a run and it was fine.just noticed the issue today.

What could that mean?

Iv been told it could be a boost leak,dump valve or some drive by wire thing...
Checked for split pipes,nothing.and the dv has been serviced recently too so cant be that..

Any ideas?

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
iv got a bailey DV30. iv had it since day 1 and it has never caused me any issues. when i serviced it, it was still in good nick. and even after the service, no issues.

just randomly today this hesitation problem cropped up.

Disco_Mikey

Dec 28, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
Mine does exactly the same, after a hot/warm restart. If started from cold, its fine, but as soon as there is any sort of heat in it, its not a nice car to drive. The guy before me had already fitted a new MAF, and 4 coil packs

Think its down the the coolant sensor on my car. If started from cold, the temp reading on the climatronic goes quite quickly to 90, and stays there, but once it has been restarted, it stays around 20-25 no matter how long it is running. The temp gauge works fine, goes all the way up to 90 as well...

Waiting on my copy of VagCom being delivered before I go spending money on it...

tonipieleanu

Mine does the same and I haven't got a clue on what else to check.

Until now I did the following:
- replaced first lambda probe
- replaced MAF
- replaced temp sensor
- checked vacuum hoses and replaced old ones
- checked fuel pressure and everything is ok
- checked DV and is ok, also tried a new one and nothing changed
- no faults on Vag-com
- group 032 in VC shows I'm running lean -> +18 in second field

I'm not completely confident with the PCV valve, but I've took the PCV system out and plug the holes but the still runs bad :(

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
replaced two coilpacks recently. i know i need to replace the other two as everyone recommends. so thats my next step.

maf has been changed recently, as has the temp sensor.

it wasnt as bad today, but it was still a bit sluggish when changing gear...something aint right :(

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
hey guys.

rather than a new topic, bringing this one up.

car does the same when changing gear sometimes... any input?

the coilpacks are less than a year old... vagcom is clear (apart from Decat) and after the hestitation it continues on going like a stabbed rat.

help?!

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
How far are you revving it Sam?

this thead is like 2 years old, if youre not talk to me lol

Im practically taking it to the red area... not redlining though. quickly changing gear and releasing clutch at the bite point etc... cant be the clutch slipping as its brand new.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
this thead is like 2 years old, if youre not talk to me lol

Im practically taking it to the red area... not redlining though. quickly changing gear and releasing clutch at the bite point etc... cant be the clutch slipping as its brand new.

Yep talking to you fella ;)

Have you got a lighter flywheel installed? Only reason I'm asking is that with a lighter flywheel you can literally "beat" the rev counter in 1st and 2nd, so that when you cane it off the lights etc and change at what looks like 6500, the engine is actually revving higher.

Seen instances of this mentioned when someone was using an Apexi AVC-R before to record peak revs.

What I'm leading to is that you might be hitting the soft rev limiter right as you change, but it doesn't sound like you're revving high enough for that.

Back to the drawing board..... :think:

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
standard flywheel for me mate... no idea whats causing it... a few threads point at the fact im running a split-r but i have done for ages and it hasnt done that.

Im Tom btw not Sam :p

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
standard flywheel for me mate... no idea whats causing it... a few threads point at the fact im running a split-r but i have done for ages and it hasnt done that.

Im Tom btw not Sam :p

Feck sorry Tom! :doh: Hey it's a Monday, I thought I was doing alright lol.

Yeah as Lee says try a full recirc valve to rule out the DV :)

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
hah no worries pal... i would forget my own name on a Monday if people didnt keep calling me it!

will see if i can wing myself a recirc from somewhere :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise