Hey guys, new to the forum, hoping for some advice

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
So once I’ve finally fitted the gfb vta diverter valve I’m thinking of going back to the place where I got the stage 1 and seeing what they can do for me map wise as the car sits now. Was completely standard before stage 1. Since then fitted a neuspeed pflow induction kit, 3” decat and the upgraded diverter valve( when awesome gti actually send it to me!!) because I bought the apr map they did a deal with me that any further maps will only cost £100 plus vat.
So I’m guessing that a map now could make the world of difference with the new mods fitted. Maybe I’m wrong and any advice welcome. In time I’m going to upgrade to a front mount intercooler and finish the cat back in a custom 3” stainless pipe with a oval tail pipe. But it’s all £££££££. Would obviously map it again once intercooler etc is done but for the £120 for the map with the current mods I’m hoping there will be some improvement. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences guys

Did the DV+ arrive and have you fitted it yet?

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Did the DV+ arrive and have you fitted it yet?
Incase anyone is searching like I was, there is a DV+ to fit the TFSI engine, mine was the BWA code engine in an 09 Pre facelift Leon FR and the DV+ sounds sweet compared to standard.

I got mine on eBay for around £105 delivered.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

nickdavies2010

Jan 15, 2018
South Wales
Good morning guys, quick update on the car.
So I was combining was loosing boost somewhere, I ended up buying a gfb vta as I always wanted a dump valve noise. OMG!!!! I took the original diverter valve off and it was completely split in 2. So I fitted the new diverter valve and WOW!! The car is an absolute beast in comparison. And yes now I finally have the dump valve sound when I lift off the throttle and it’s loud . Just had an oil and filter changed and changed the gearbox oil. I have a pcv delete kit coming in the post as the last few days it’s been reving up to about 2.5k when the engine is warm on its own. Hopefully this will sort the problem.
I’ll keep you guys updated

Reactions: SpiderWelsh

nickdavies2010

Jan 15, 2018
South Wales
50A2F32F-6E03-48DD-91C7-83052F41FD34.png

nickdavies2010

Jan 15, 2018
South Wales
Just uploaded a pic. I didn’t go for the DV+ I went for the gfb vta as it has a few % atmospheric. It sounds mental. If you want dump valve sounds this is the one for you. Just so you guys know. There’s no loss of power between gears neither

Reactions: SpiderWelsh

nickdavies2010

Jan 15, 2018
South Wales
New mods guys!!!
Car was reving up to about 2.5k revs by itself on idle. Did some research on here and from your advice I diagnosed it as pcv problem.
Fitted an eBay pcv delete kit along with eBay air vent boost gauge. Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.