Hey!

Apr 15, 2019
Leicestershire
Hi all! I have spent the last 2 months enjoying my stock Cupra 280 but thought it was time to get involved in the community and get some mods going!

I'm looking at the Maxton Design front, side and rear splitters just to get started. Any other suggestions/recommendations? Mainly looking at aesthetics for now while I save some money!

Also a little nervous to fit the splitters myself. Anyone have experience or have fit the Maxton splitters?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Hello and welcome!

@theoldboy has the Maxton design kit too, I know he fitted the rear diffuser by himself, and wrote a fantastic guide on doing it. Not sure if he done the splitter and sides himself though.

Some other aesthetic mods are wrapping the bottom lip of the front bumper in black, wrapping the S badges front and back, some people debadge their cars or wrap them too.

You could look to get lowering springs and spacers to give it a meaner stance.

There is a Maxton lip spoiler too which sticks into the existing spoiler.

Apr 15, 2019
Leicestershire
Hello and welcome!

@theoldboy has the Maxton design kit too, I know he fitted the rear diffuser by himself, and wrote a fantastic guide on doing it. Not sure if he done the splitter and sides himself though.

Some other aesthetic mods are wrapping the bottom lip of the front bumper in black, wrapping the S badges front and back, some people debadge their cars or wrap them too.

You could look to get lowering springs and spacers to give it a meaner stance.

There is a Maxton lip spoiler too which sticks into the existing spoiler.
Cant quite get on board with the Maxton spoiler for some reason! I think wrapping the badges will be next for me after the splitters.

Deleted member 103408

Spoilers are all a personal choice, I love the Maxton look (although they do more than one for the leon) but its not for everbody.

However re fitting (and this is general regardless of type of splitter) they are just bolted to the front bumper, easiest if you can raise the car and there is two of you to get it in the right position before drilling holes. As it happens mine were fitted by a body shop and these used self tappers and glue (so you dont have to get your hands behind the bumper.) and car has been over 150 and no issues.

The maxton side splitters are just self tappers to the underneath of the car so very easy but be aware you can have these and mud guards unless you do some cutting. Re one you can check my guide and there is also some stuff on there about the Reiger one as well.

Other things you can do to make your car individual.

Wind Deflectors on the windows look good - Check on here for best make and lowest amount of noise.

Rear Wings (the 290 started it with wings that go under the rear roof spoiler on the window

Wrapping parts of the car - Wing Mirrors, Front Lip are examples

De Badge looks good on the rear or change the color of the letters

Stickers - anywhere and any type according to what you are looking for.

Audi Style Indicators for the wing mirror

And finally OBD11 / Carista so you can mess around with cars setup and turn on stuff that is not turned on by default.

Apr 15, 2019
Leicestershire
Spoilers are all a personal choice, I love the Maxton look (although they do more than one for the leon) but its not for everbody.

However re fitting (and this is general regardless of type of splitter) they are just bolted to the front bumper, easiest if you can raise the car and there is two of you to get it in the right position before drilling holes. As it happens mine were fitted by a body shop and these used self tappers and glue (so you dont have to get your hands behind the bumper.) and car has been over 150 and no issues.

The maxton side splitters are just self tappers to the underneath of the car so very easy but be aware you can have these and mud guards unless you do some cutting. Re one you can check my guide and there is also some stuff on there about the Reiger one as well.

Other things you can do to make your car individual.

Wind Deflectors on the windows look good - Check on here for best make and lowest amount of noise.

Rear Wings (the 290 started it with wings that go under the rear roof spoiler on the window

Wrapping parts of the car - Wing Mirrors, Front Lip are examples

De Badge looks good on the rear or change the color of the letters

Stickers - anywhere and any type according to what you are looking for.

Audi Style Indicators for the wing mirror

And finally OBD11 / Carista so you can mess around with cars setup and turn on stuff that is not turned on by default.
Thanks! After having a look i'm definitely a fan of changing the colour of the badges and back lettering. Thinking red badges and writing will go nice with a white Cupra. https://www.ezmods.co/product-page/...-2016-cupra-boot-badge-letters-overlay-decals anyone have experience shopping with this website? If no does anyone have any go to dealers or websites to buy cupra 'accessories'? :)