Hi all, living the Leon life.

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
Hi all,

Just got myself a Seat Leon (5F) FR Tech 2.0TDI 184 in monsoon grey. Had a couple of golfs and only had it a few days but absolutely loving it. It's the most power I've ever had in a car and a lot of fun to drive.

Already planning my first upgrade (auto lights/wipers) so will surely use the wisdom of the forum and hopefully learn from everyone here.

Will post a few pics in the proper place when I have a mo.

And into the forum I go.
:drive1:

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the forum and the world of messing around with your car :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the Forum.

You will be right at home here if you're after information lol

Get the wallet ready!

Look forward to some pics.

Cheers

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
Thanks all,

Already got my first bit of advice, the forum works fast.

Now looking for parts. I can feel my wallet edging its way to the door trying to make a run for it before its to late lol.

Deleted member 103408

its toooooooooo late, you have the bug. We can send a letter to your bank manager explaining you now need a SEAT LEON Overdraft facility if it helps :)

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
Just about to press the button and order the Rain Sensor 5Q0955547A. £41.33 from eBay. Does that seem a competitive price? Seems quite a common piece across the VAG range so theres plenty of them floating in the wild.

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK

Deleted member 103408

For Apple you can use Carista but its all apps you have no coding ability so if you (after some research) just want a few minor changes then go Carista if you want full functionality to change stuff the OBD11 / VCDS.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the advice,

Thats one of the reasons I joined the forum. Will definitely being getting it. Just need an Android device first. Always been on Apple. A month of changes, VW to Seat and Apple to Android (sort of). Absolute madness lol.
That my friend is a step forward...

Apple... Pffft haha

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
For Apple you can use Carista but its all apps you have no coding ability so if you (after some research) just want a few minor changes then go Carista if you want full functionality to change stuff the OBD11 / VCDS.

Did some research and leaning towards OBD11 due to its power. I think I might grow out of Carista pretty quickly and have always mean to see what this Android thing is all about anyway lol.

Its amazing to think that only a short while ago the only option was VCDS. Amazing kit but was out of my price range, its amazing what OBD11 can do for a fraction of the cost.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just about to press the button and order the Rain Sensor 5Q0955547A. £41.33 from eBay. Does that seem a competitive price? Seems quite a common piece across the VAG range so theres plenty of them floating in the wild.

Check under SEAT Dealer Network section and contact Listers SEAT -Parts. You may get a better price there.

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
Apple rules lol

I have one Android device and I wouldn’t have that if it wasn’t for OBDeleven

Exactly where I'm at. Im sure its good just don't really have time to go fully into it. Its funny when you go into somewhere like CEX and ask them if they have an functional but really rough looking android devices, like bad enough that you won't put it out in the shop front. That gets a raised eyebrow lol. Just need something that work, don't care how its looks really lol.

DTB1985

Jul 26, 2018
Leeds, UK
Check under SEAT Dealer Network section and contact Listers SEAT -Parts. You may get a better price there.

I can try but already seem someone ask for the switch and sensor and his total price was £220. I cant imagine the switch was up to £180 on its own but might try and see.

Thing is its not a fair comparison coz I'm happy with used parts and his are new so there going to be more.

Deleted member 103408

Minimum requirements are:

OBDeleven application works with phones and tablets with Android version 4.1 and later. The system is using online databases so it requires good internet connection for fast and smooth work.

You can get an old tablet or phone with wifi and bluetooth to do the job.
You can also set up Android on a Windows PC if you are into techy stuff.

If you want to use the live data on your central screen it will not work as its only designed to work in Portrait not landscape. You should look at apps like Torque Pro which also work on your central screen.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members