Hi all, Seat first timer.

Dec 26, 2019
Hello everyone, I have just bought a 2010 Seat Leon FR, a car that, to be honest would not have been on my radar but circumstances forced me into buying a suitable car quickly and this was the one that most matched my needs. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised and am really enjoying it. My only gripe is that I assumed it had hands free as the interface says "phone" and all the necessary buttons are on the steering wheel. I was more than a little disappointed to learn that this was an optional extra that the original owner apparently chose not to have fitted, although the satnav option was taken up. I'm currently searching the forums for info on how to retro fit this as it really is something I need, I would also like to upgrade the satnav too if possible.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum!

I assume as mines a 2010 Leon that you probably have the RNS310 if it was a stock install sat nav if that helps. Mine has phone audio but I cannot stream music so phone calls only. I think the RNS315 has Bluetooth streaming for music etc.

I think the 310 has 2.0 on the splash screen and 2.1 is the 315 but probably best check that as it's been a while.

Did you get the tfsi or dirty diesel? Both great cars!

Dec 26, 2019
Welcome to the forum!

I assume as mines a 2010 Leon that you probably have the RNS310 if it was a stock install sat nav if that helps. Mine has phone audio but I cannot stream music so phone calls only. I think the RNS315 has Bluetooth streaming for music etc.

I think the 310 has 2.0 on the splash screen and 2.1 is the 315 but probably best check that as it's been a while.

Did you get the tfsi or dirty diesel? Both great cars!
Hi Jimbob, I got the "Dirty diesel" (Another first for me) I don't think I can ever warm to the sound of a diesel engine. Yes, I believe it is the RNS310. I thought about getting a Parrot system but wanted to see how easy (or not) it would be to try and get whatever parts I need from ebay and fit it myself.
Thanks for the replies guys.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Hello everyone, I have just bought a 2010 Seat Leon FR, a car that, to be honest would not have been on my radar but circumstances forced me into buying a suitable car quickly and this was the one that most matched my needs. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised and am really enjoying it. My only gripe is that I assumed it had hands free as the interface says "phone" and all the necessary buttons are on the steering wheel. I was more than a little disappointed to learn that this was an optional extra that the original owner apparently chose not to have fitted, although the satnav option was taken up. I'm currently searching the forums for info on how to retro fit this as it really is something I need, I would also like to upgrade the satnav too if possible.
Welcome to the forum. Im sure you can buy a parrot Bluetooth set or something of the like to get your hands free needs. Not sure about the MFS working with it tho...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi Jimbob, I got the "Dirty diesel" (Another first for me) I don't think I can ever warm to the sound of a diesel engine. Yes, I believe it is the RNS310. I thought about getting a Parrot system but wanted to see how easy (or not) it would be to try and get whatever parts I need from ebay and fit it myself.
Thanks for the replies guys.
Have a look here so you can stay with the stock stuff and do what you need...

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/rns310-to-rns315-guide.388948/#post-4291328

Reactions: Pro Virus