Hi Everyone - Looking at TDi FR 150

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
AndyVTR said:
I think the ones @ 12.5kish didn't have the kit. Maybe now the prices have gone back up they have?

Easy way to find out.. 0800 138 0955

Yeah good point Andy, never thought of that!

Still the best place to ring up to get a base price I think.

I did that and ended up goin back to then cos the stealers couldnt get close lol

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Bunglebonce said:
I think you'll love the car although you don't say whether you've driven sootys before so you may find it a bit odd at first ;)
Price wise your way off lol.

Try here as a bench mark clickertyclack (I had mine from there and there was no issues) then see if anyone else can beat it.

If you move quick you'll get a bargain as they're trying to shift the stock to make way for the new model :)

Just tried that site, and they are quoting £14,919 so £15k aint too bad from a main dealer.

Never driven a diesel before, all 3 of my last cars have been high reving vvti type engines. So not sure how to drive the TDI or what to expect really.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
cstevens said:
Never driven a diesel before, all 3 of my last cars have been high reving vvti type engines. So not sure how to drive the TDI or what to expect really.

Dont you think you should test drive one first - some people just dont like / cant drive diesels :confused:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
cstevens said:
its only £80 and I might be able to get it next week :)

You going for a Luna grey one??? Its a nice colour!! ;)

rearwheel.jpg

sideshot.jpg

passenger.jpg

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
The issue is that I have to move to a disel because of the milage I am doing, it makes sense, even if I have to spend a load. My problem is that I dont want to sacrifice having a nice sporty car just for deisel, and the 150 FR "seems" to fit the bill and is a flipping good price when compared to say and Astra or a Golf.

I agree that its probably going to take some getting used to moving to a TDI from a high revving ST170 when I am used to power all the way from 2000 up to the redline, but then again like I said, I cant afford to be spending around £60 a week minimum.

Obviously I am test driving one tomorrow and intend to take full use of that time, but my mind and wallet really has to move to the dirty side :)

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
I think you need to scrub the wheels there Andy ;)

Point taken re the need for more economy and point taken re they dont realy drive like a normal diesel.

I've had diesels for some time and I think they drive a bit more like a petrol than others I've had i.e. to get them singing there best tune you need to think about gears a little bit more and they also do pull right up to the red line which is very undiesel like :)

Over all I think when you've got to grips with it you'll never look back (appart from at a lot of cars in the rear view mirror when you boot it in third at 2k ;) )

Andy, how do you post a pic directly in a thread like that - never been able to suss it out :redface:

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Needs to be hosted somewhere. Then stick IMG tags around it. Or go advanced and use the dummy option.

banger 115

May 19, 2005
Nice car Andy.

pre-reg fr+, with met, cruise, refitting my snooper, supeguard and mats £14900..

you guys think its good offer..??

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
cstevens said:
My problem is that I dont want to sacrifice having a nice sporty car just for deisel, and the 150 FR "seems" to fit the bill and is a flipping good price when compared to say and Astra or a Golf.
These are basically the reasons I went for the FR as well and I have to say... I'm not disappointed. The petrol vs. diesel debate is one that won't end anytime soon, but if you want something that can do 45-55mpg on the daily commute and go quickly when you want it to then the Leon is a bl**dy good compromise.

My previous car wasn't a mega fast one but it was fairly revvy (a 1.6 16v Astra SXi) which was entertaining to rev. The biggest difference I've noticed is that to keep the 1.9TDi going there's zero point in revving to the redline, you can feel the power drop before you reach the redline.

So initially there were a few times where I'd go past 4-4.5k RPM and think sh*t should have changed! Once you get past that it's fine!

HTH.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members