Hi from Essex

Feb 26, 2013
Its easy to slate a company when you haven't bin there yourself I have travelled 100 miles for a stage one and recently for a stage 2 they map your car to suit the mods you have and also to what your car can comfortably take both times I have had dyno print outs and both times had several runs on dyno and had the car test drove and checked via comp being plugged into car whilst driven and any adjustments made.

Myself and others have had a superb customer service so would appreciate you keeping your false accusations closer to home :ban:

Are you talking about AMD????

aherne746

at not one point have i ever slated them, i was clearly saying that as far as i am aware they dont live map, and my PERSONAL OPINION is i would rather have a live map. my mate has only just come back from this week and they didnt give him a dyno. but if i was truly slating them i wouldnt be going to them this sunday to see what they are all about. so before you starting crying about my opinions, i was giving the guy other options. not stating any facts or slating any companies.

aherne746

No dyno ???? go on youtube put amd remap ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dB6in2YaLM ) and it explains how they map and also shows several uploads on there rolling road :wtf:

and that didnt say they "dont have a dyno" it said they did not give my mate a dyno print out when they remapped his car. you need to chill out with all these hissy fits, im not slagging the company off and have also heard good things about them.

aherne746

ONGOING, i can only apologise for this happening on your thread. there are some people on here as i said that are AMD nazis and hate ***** and Badger5. i was not saying dont go to AMD i just thought i would let you know of some very respectable tuners that do live map. but was not saying that AMD are **** by any means, so please dont be put off if that is where you want to go. and i still hope to see you at the rolling road there.

BRET. if your coming to the rolling road day, please feel free to come and speak to me, im not a ****, and dont hold a grudge, just a shame you got so irrate about a personal opinion.

Feb 26, 2013
ONGOING, i can only apologise for this happening on your thread. there are some people on here as i said that are AMD nazis and hate ***** and Badger5. i was not saying dont go to AMD i just thought i would let you know of some very respectable tuners that do live map. but was not saying that AMD are **** by any means, so please dont be put off if that is where you want to go. and i still hope to see you at the rolling road there.

BRET. if your coming to the rolling road day, please feel free to come and speak to me, im not a ****, and dont hold a grudge, just a shame you got so irrate about a personal opinion.

It's ok bud I know how forums role and this is no different to any other lol.

Bret

Lcr stealth :)
Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Badger 5 is great just to far away for me only every heard good things and Nick at R T E C H is also well respected and good at what he does but just because your mate didn't ask for a Dyno result doesn't mean they don't give them did your mate ring up and say CAN I HAVE MY ROLLING ROAD PRINT OUT as I'm sure they would be more than happy to help.Going back to your ******** of live mapping did you not say 'he does live mapping, where as AMD will only do a flash on the ecu. there is no problems with this. but i would rather have it mapped exactly to how my car runs. not how it is "supposed" to run.'.Your comment was false and implying they don't map live and don't map to how the car runs which when your passionate about tuning and the company that is being falsely spoke about has gone out of there way on several occasions to help me then my apologies for getting my back up and maybe slating was a strong word I just don't see the point in making these statements on what a mate has said rather than what they actualy do.

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
and that didnt say they "dont have a dyno" it said they did not give my mate a dyno print out when they remapped his car. you need to chill out with all these hissy fits, im not slagging the company off and have also heard good things about them.

This quote was reffering to you saying they didn't put your MATES car on the dyno 'Not as far as I'm aware. My mate went there and they didn't even give him a dyno print out. Which kinda says to me they didn't dyno it at all.' or did you not say this? Hissy fit :lol:

aherne746

Yes I did say that, but that still wasn't saying AMD are ****. Just in that case. And as we are both going there on Sunday we decided to speak to them about it then.

Can we just agree that I may have been misinformed or misunderstood that they don't do live mapping, and that this has all got out of hand, I was trying to give someone a couple of options, and I know from personal meetings that R T ech are good. Apologies about this incorrect info on AMD, and lets just sweep this all under the carpet because its kind of a pointless thing for both of us to get irate about. I've made it clear AMD are not **** at what they do, and have said not to be put off. And if your offended by anything I have written then feel free to private message me. But I'm drawing a line under this and letting this poor guy have his thread back.

Feb 26, 2013
Yes I did say that, but that still wasn't saying AMD are ****. Just in that case. And as we are both going there on Sunday we decided to speak to them about it then.

Can we just agree that I may have been misinformed or misunderstood that they don't do live mapping, and that this has all got out of hand, I was trying to give someone a couple of options, and I know from personal meetings that R T ech are good. Apologies about this incorrect info on AMD, and lets just sweep this all under the carpet because its kind of a pointless thing for both of us to get irate about. I've made it clear AMD are not **** at what they do, and have said not to be put off. And if your offended by anything I have written then feel free to private message me. But I'm drawing a line under this and letting this poor guy have his thread back.

About time lol. Tbh I'm enjoying this debate it made my Monday evening more interesting!!!!

aherne746

Lol, it's been an ongoing debate with SSS as well. Because I have always been on there and got banned from here early on due to a guy that was being harsh on a new girl to here and I fully laid in to him, I have always been in the mind set (and still am to a point) that R T ech are the top of the game. However I am intrigued into what amd are like. Hence going on Sunday. And I always like a good debate, but I don't like that I got a bit heated, I thought you had AMD blinkers on like a lot of guys on this site. Like I said as I have t been there in person, I can't massively comment by they did do a good job on my mates diesel A3 in the way it drives. Just a shame they didn't give him a print out of the dyno results. But that has made Sunday more interesting as we now have a fiver riding on who makes more power. Haha.

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
swept away :D as I'm sure you would feel the same if someone was to misinform people about r t e c h also enjoy the RR Day at AMD and give us some feedback on how it goes as can't make it due to work engagements but will deffo be at next one:D

Feb 26, 2013
Lol, it's been an ongoing debate with SSS as well. Because I have always been on there and got banned from here early on due to a guy that was being harsh on a new girl to here and I fully laid in to him, I have always been in the mind set (and still am to a point) that R T ech are the top of the game. However I am intrigued into what amd are like. Hence going on Sunday. And I always like a good debate, but I don't like that I got a bit heated, I thought you had AMD blinkers on like a lot of guys on this site. Like I said as I have t been there in person, I can't massively comment by they did do a good job on my mates diesel A3 in the way it drives. Just a shame they didn't give him a print out of the dyno results. But that has made Sunday more interesting as we now have a fiver riding on who makes more power. Haha.

Blinkers don't fit me!!! I'm to long in the tooth in this game to get swept up in the wow look at my product/car/company I was just going to use AMD as there local to me and I know enough people who have had great service from them, that's not to say anyone else is better or worse (just to keep diplomacy on the subject lol)

aherne746

Understandable. And yeah will do. Shane you can't make it, be good to see your motor.

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Understandable. And yeah will do. Shane you can't make it, be good to see your motor.

Thanks n yeah I am a bit p*ss** off did really want to go but need a new clutch so every little helps if you catch my drift hopefully D.k arranges one for the summer and then we can arrange something and I will have clutch by then :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.